The Partick Thistle thread

On 03/11/2023 at 16:21, El Gringo Jag said:

for all the people on here saying that they love the women’s game none will ever go

I'd be surprised if the majority of those who've taken the time to post that they've got a ticket don't turn up. And some of us are regulars already. 

Very glad for Wasiri Williams that he's put in a couple of very solid performances in a row now. Obviously, it's only two games and he might never put it together on a consistent enough basis, but I think it shows that there's definitely something there and he's not a completely lost cause. 

6 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Very glad for Wasiri Williams that he's put in a couple of very solid performances in a row now. Obviously, it's only two games and he might never put it together on a consistent enough basis, but I think it shows that there's definitely something there and he's not a completely lost cause. 

Seemed to have a slow start for his Irish team then came onto form. Hopefully can keep building his confidence as he has the physical presence to be a decent defender at this level.

10 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

There's definitely a player there. You could tell in the away end how much every thistle fan wants him to do well.

Match Lists (Men's Reserves) →

Our immense undertaking continues and, per below, we're very pleased to be introducing another 18 seasons of reserve team matches, from the mid 90s to the mid 10s, complete with a tremendous number of potted match reports wherever it's been possible. Not a single match in 1997-98 was a sign of the skint times. A Premier League double over Rangers in 2003-04 was noteworthy, as was a strong League Cup showing in 2007-08. As for striking gold, we'll need to settle for annexing the 'Stonehouse Violet Challenge Cup' in 2011-12! Interesting to chart the evolution of the likes of Archibald and Bannigan...

1995-96 1996-97 1997-98 1998-99 1999-00 2000-01 2001-02 2002-03 2003-04 2004-05 2005-06 2006-07 2007-08 2008-09 2009-10 2010-11 2011-12 2012-13

On 04/11/2023 at 21:34, oneteaminglasgow said:

Deserves huge respect. We know similar to Kyle Turner last year he has a lot to deal with regarding the health of a loved one.  Both very brave players 

34 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Where does Brian Graham rank in our best signings of the last decade?

Has scored loads and bams up the opposition and their fans at a god-tier level. 

Cant be many better.

I wish we had got him when Archie was in charge. Would have given us a bit of an edge and we may have not seen the likes of Osman and Barton slither away to irrelevance...

3 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Cant be many better.

In the last decade, I’m struggling to think of (m)any better signings.

I think he’s surpassed Tomas Cerny as the king of the WUMs, and in terms of actual contribution on the pitch he’s right up there as well.

Other big contributors - Higgy, Taylor, Cerny, the return of Erskine. Graham has arguably outperformed any of them, albeit they were all in the top flight whereas he’s unfortunately never experienced that with Thistle.

9 hours ago, jagfox said:

I wish we had got him when Archie was in charge. Would have given us a bit of an edge and we may have not seen the likes of Osman and Barton slither away to irrelevance...

Given how many times we tried to sign him under Archibald the first impression is that it's a waste that we never had him then.

But he'd have been competing with Doolan which would have eaten into game time and for all of his Indian summer with us, he never properly cracked it in the Premiership with a number of clubs so there's every chance he'd have had one season, 5 goals and then moved on. 

However if we'd had him rather than Kenny Miller for the "whole" of the abandoned covid season I don't think we'd have gone down. 

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Given how many times we tried to sign him under Archibald the first impression is that it's a waste that we never had him then.

But he'd have been competing with Doolan which would have eaten into game time and for all of his Indian summer with us, he never properly cracked it in the Premiership with a number of clubs so there's every chance he'd have had one season, 5 goals and then moved on. 

However if we'd had him rather than Kenny Miller for the "whole" of the abandoned covid season I don't think we'd have gone down. 

5 goals could have/ would have made the difference in the year we went down through the playoffs. Then again Sammon scored a few, however didn't have the other things Graham brings to his game.

I haven't been a big fan of Blair Alston so far. Probably a bit hyper-critical on my part.

His runs into the box are reminiscent of The Ghost, Albert Craig.

IMG_20231111_220352_434.thumb.webp.32c0afcb33ecbcb9a51ed69cb7444d50.webp

Edited by jagfox

13 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Cant be many better.

Long term, there’s no one better for me. If Fitzpatrick hangs around and keeps up his current form, then bringing him back could be up there for me. 

Best signing we’ve made for immediate impact was Scott Tiffoney. 

17 minutes ago, jagfox said:

I haven't been a big fan of Blair Alston so far. Probably a bit hyper-criticle on my part.

His runs into the box are reminiscent of The Ghost, Albert Craig.

IMG_20231111_220352_434.thumb.webp.32c0afcb33ecbcb9a51ed69cb7444d50.webp

I said this yesterday, maybe he just needs a wee run of things to get into the rhythm of the team.