The Partick Thistle thread

A 24yo from the team 15th place in the 6th tier, is an… interesting choice.

Not the type of signing you’d imagine we need to clear three players from the books to sign - so hopefully more to come.

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

At least that’s a couple of loan positions cleared up now, it’s maybe not particularly ideal but if we need to use them then so be it. Another interesting proposition is who we might send out on loan? I reckon the manager will want James Lyon to go and get game time at either L1/L2 level, possibly Zander also although I’d be inclined to keep him until we get another winger in. 

I think Lyon on-loan to Clyde is a strong possibility.

McBeth has been training for a couple of weeks so the management team have had a good chance to see what he can do. He is a DM apparently. He's got a great opportunity but a total unknown prospect to those outwith the club.

Here's hoping he's a hidden gem, much like his manager was.

15 minutes ago, Walter said:

I was wondering if Diack might be heading there also. 

I think he is first choice back up to BBG now.

49 minutes ago, Walter said:

Chris Erskine was in his twenties and playing for Kilbirnie when we signed him. You never know, we might get lucky again. 

Plus Doolan from Auchinleck and Craigen from Edinburgh University a few years later.

We historically have a very good record of bringing players in from far lower down the pyramid who go on to become established full time professionals.

Interesting signing for sure.

Looking at the Glenafton team, theres a few with Thistle connections like Paul Paton and Gary Fraser being managed by Mark Roberts. Wonder it they have had anything to do with suggesting we get him on trial?

On a side note, fairly sure he is the younger brother of a guy i went to school with.

A low cost low risk signing that could (and hopefully will) prove to be a hidden gem, like Doolan, Erskine etc. Intriguing signing, at least - and in a position where we did need to strengthen. 

Yeah, outside Thistle Darian Mackinnon came from a pretty low level and ended up having a good full time career. Was done by the time he rocked up to us right enough.

Also initially thought he'd signed from an Irish club 😂😬

(theres one with a similar name, im sure of it... edit: came to me there, Glenavon)

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

1 minute ago, ptfc. 22 said:

The transfer Scotland guy on twitter saying we're interested in Andy haliday. That account generally just makes up shite but I'd probably take him if it's true.

I was about to say we don't need past it geriatrics thinking he was closer to 40, shocked to find out he is only 32 oofftt!

Said a few weeks ago, would take Halliday (if he’s not completely done) as he fits into what we’re missing in the side. If there’s Premiership clubs after him though, it’s probably unlikely he comes here.