The Partick Thistle thread

13 minutes ago, Walter said:

Reel him in, surely? 

For Cod's hake etc...

The problem with Rudden is, he wasn't exactly great for us barring a short good spell which was good enough for him to immediately jump ship, I wouldn't even entertain having him back. 

I've got every faith in Doolan as a former striker finding someone he actually wants instead of ending up with in the team for next season.

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

No idea, but I’d be surprised given the amount of central midfielders we already have - Stanway, Bannigan, McBeth, Turner, Robinson and Crawford are all signed up, with Alston having an offer on the table apparently. 

I know this was reported by the club but he doesn't appear in any of the preseason photos that I've seen from memory 

9 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

He's not in the updated squad pics either. 

I thought we'd have heard either way by know but safe to guess he's away.

Agreed, but my point was really that I can’t see us having made offers to Crawford, Turner, Alston and McInroy - and we know the first three had offers. 

39 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/three-new-modern-apprentices-join-the-thistle-first-team/

Guessing Loney isn't one of these because he is about to be or already has been sold?

Aye, he’s been announced by Everton.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2024/july/02/watch--meet-the-2024-25-academy-scholars/

12 hours ago, Bazza The Jag said:

Do we get any financial benefits from Loney signing for Everton?

Probs not a lot. A sell on fee would be a lot higher if he does well, so all the best to him and hopefully the youth setup at Everton proves to be beneficial also we could really do with a decent Scottish striker banging them in, in a top league. 

The Loney situation is intetesting.  I would expect the lad to have some kind of career, but their policy of blooding players in the first team is inconsistent e.g. Antonee Robinson, now at Fulham.  They tend not to hold on to anyone worth selling for too long  but could potentially scupper any sell-on with some mad asking price e.g.  Branthwaite.  Good luck to the lad.  If tneir fans think he can cut it  they like players coming through.