The Partick Thistle thread

13 minutes ago, Reid said:

Kerr would be a downgrade on McMillan but a solid enough signing for this level. Could just be Doolan’s comments and Kerr leaving Dundee are a coincidence.

Did Kerr score against us while at Inverness Cally?

14 minutes ago, Bazza The Jag said:

Did Kerr score against us while at Inverness Cally?

Yes. I actually still have a screenshot of the goal in my camera reel because it was such absurdly bad defending. Kerr is the one we decided to give 30 yards of freedom in our half. If I remember correctly, the shot itself was a really tame effort that trundled in past Sneddon as well.

f35c512f-2e88-49f8-85f5-25fd5baa8211.thumb.jpeg.8f4fb117269b79e0069dce99cb0eda50.jpeg

Edited by Nightmare

I’ve never really rated Cammy Kerr, definitely a downgrade on McMillan but a decent squad player at this level probably. I liked the look of Wasiri at RB the other day, wonder if he’s most likely to play there this season or just be a utility man. 

6 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

I’ve never really rated Cammy Kerr, definitely a downgrade on McMillan but a decent squad player at this level probably. I liked the look of Wasiri at RB the other day, wonder if he’s most likely to play there this season or just be a utility man. 

Wasiri is fine as a utility man and actually looked better in his stints at RB last season than when he was played in his supposedly natural CB role, but I wouldn't want to go into the season with him as our starting RB.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Mark Ridgers. Been there, done that, got the awful memories.

😬 

All I am saying is be prepared to potentially relive some of those memories. Not confirmed to be signing, but we are looking at him.

15 minutes ago, Walter said:

Wouldn't be a terrible signing I suppose 😐.  And that's all the enthusiasm I can muster. 

Haha. I know what you mean. He is a right back but played a lot of midfield for Caley Thistle last season. 33 years old too. Seems to look after himself though.

Probably just a coincidence as someone mentioned.

3 minutes ago, Griff Sheridan said:

Has anyone received their physical season ticket card yet? Assume they send them out in big batches, but just in case I need to chase ours up.

No, haven't received mine. If I remember correctly they cut it a bit fine. 

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Yes. I actually still have a screenshot of the goal in my camera reel because it was such absurdly bad defending. Kerr is the one we decided to give 30 yards of freedom in our half. If I remember correctly, the shot itself was a really tame effort that trundled in past Sneddon as well.

f35c512f-2e88-49f8-85f5-25fd5baa8211.thumb.jpeg.8f4fb117269b79e0069dce99cb0eda50.jpeg

Yes, remember it now, we were at the game :)

I wouldn’t be opposed to Ridgers tbh, we could do worse but would rather something different. He always seems to have impressive performances against us anyway in recent years. Cammy Kerr is absolute no from me though. Not remotely keen on that I would take megwa (if at all possible) over him every day of the week or someone new and unknown. 

22 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Haha. I know what you mean. He is a right back but played a lot of midfield for Caley Thistle last season. 33 years old too. Seems to look after himself though.

Probably just a coincidence as someone mentioned.

He's 28 according to Wikipedia. He's been with Dundee since school with loan periods at Peterhead and ICT. Sounds more like a Raith/Pars/Falkirk signing to me. Also sounds like a Craig Levein signing. 

6 minutes ago, Doolan9 said:

I wouldn’t be opposed to Ridgers tbh, we could do worse but would rather something different. He always seems to have impressive performances against us anyway in recent years. Cammy Kerr is absolute no from me though. Not remotely keen on that I would take megwa (if at all possible) over him every day of the week or someone new and unknown. 

I would be keen to hear the opinion of any Dundee or more importantly an Inverness fan who may happen to be having a read through this thread. Am I being harsh or ? 

You won't find a more dedicated player than Cammy Kerr. Under Paul Hartley, he used to get ripped to shreds for taking his then girlfriend at the time to the local park to practice throw ins. He's a complete 100% player, takes care of himself and other than shagging that Jane Park and getting drawn into all that drama, he's been a good club ambassador. Hard working, brilliant engine on him but not very talented. The type of player that gets by in Scottish football on drive and determination opposed to composure, skill or flair.

Good, solid pro. Nothing more, nothing less.