The Partick Thistle thread

Bringing in Hollywood to try and ensure a crowd pleasing ending to the season, I like the outside the box thinking. 

Here are Wesslers productions credits, this could be Dumb and Dumber part 3 if some of the geoguessr stuff that the players did for social media last season is anything to go by. 

Screenshot_20240711_181943_Chrome.jpg

39 minutes ago, Red Kite said:

I'm interested in who he has crossed paths with in his career.  Early coaching by Chris Ramsey and Big Les Ferdinand, then mixing with some well-known EFL names like James Vaughan.  Could be someone Kris Dolan has identified as a player who has lost his way and he thinks he can improve? 

Played with James Vaughan when at loan with Bradford. Clayton Donaldson also there at the time.

Can play up top or behind the centre forward. Also out wide.

Only 5'9" (1.75m) but looks solid and can finish despite the raw goals to games data.

The sort of forward we could do with. Can compliment BBG or play up front in his own right.

No idea if he signs but could be a decent bit of business if he wants to get his career back on track and move back down South.

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Will be some laugh when this documentary ends up like the Sunderland one and we’re all watching the will to live steadily drain from @Ad Lib

1 hour ago, Claudia Gentile said:

We're so Hollywood.

Box office as f**k.

But more importantly, how much money are we getting for this?

On 10/07/2024 at 19:52, BigMadMental said:

Megwa is pure guesswork. Hibs fans are saying they want him in the starting XI

As is Kerr and ridgers I think.  It’s because they became free and they happened to be vacancies we have- but there’s not been any link say by Scott burns or someone.  Could just be 2 plus 2 equals 5

10 minutes ago, third lanark said:

As is Kerr and ridgers I think.  It’s because they became free and they happened to be vacancies we have- but there’s not been any link say by Scott burns or someone.  Could just be 2 plus 2 equals 5

Ridgers as in Mark Ridgers? Nooooooo feckin way he is done, in fact he was done when we had him first time.

7 minutes ago, baba douche said:

Grass is looking a bit long, needs some mud.

Two games in four days(Scotland's Ladies on Tuesday)should remedy that. 

11 minutes ago, baba douche said:

Some amount of sand on our pitch today, bit concerning when it's the first game of the season, and it's just been laid/grown.

At least you had enough sand down on the pitch today.IMG_5737.thumb.jpeg.91f3076edb11983ef67b41b8c44cc2c9.jpeg

RE: Yesterdays game vs Montrose.

More positives than negatives for me yesterday.

We were really on the front foot and should have had a few goals before Milne got beat then the Mo player set up their forward for a decent finish. 

Heads didn't drop and we got level before half-time.

Second half we kept at it and went ahead.

Then a few changes and Montrose produced another decent goal with Gardyne taking Ashcroft out of the play to setup their young sub for an accomplished finish.

Kept going and got a winner we deserved overall.

Turner was very good for me and Milne and Fitzpatrick weren't far behind.

Ashcroft looks like he'd win a world championship at head tennis and was involved for the winner knocking on a another good header from Milne on the other side of the 6 yard box.

He is maybe on the slow side but will win most duels in the air.

Chalmers looked quite classy and like Fitzy had licence to drift inside and have a dig when the opportunity arrived.

Subtle changes evident possibly due to the change of personnel certainly on the right hand side.

Mackay didn't do too much on his debut but wasn't far away and will get more into things as the season progresses.

We certainly have some great presence now at set-pieces with Muirhead, Graham, Milne, O'Reilly and Ashcroft all imposing figures for this division. Once Kyle gets into the swing of his set-pieces we could really profit from an area that was lacking last season.

TL; DR Early days but a lot more positives than negatives for me. 

When you think of some of the horrific League Cup games we've had at home against worse opposition (e.g. The Spartans, Stranraer) then yesterday was actually a pretty decent start to the season. Three points, no injuries, a Kyle Turner. That'll do.