The Partick Thistle thread

I know I'm a pessimist and getting into the top 6 after August for the first time is excellent, but I can't help but look at us only being 3 points ahead of 11th and with our next 2 games being at Pittodrie and Parkhead and thinking there's a hell of a long way to go, we could easily be right back down there and then the pressure is on us to win the games in hand. I know Aberdeen and Celtic aren't Barcelona but we've tended to shit the bed against them more often than not the last 2 years, especially Celtic.

Archie's done quite well in the January windows so far and I'm optimistic that him punting Stevenson so early suggests he's got a couple of options available to him early in the window.

We're looking at getting Callum McGregor on loan, going by the BBC gossip section. Would be a good signing IMO

I would be suprised if he was put out on loan, hes made a dozen or so appearances for us this season,with a good few starts of late, he's versatile enough too. I would rather see Mackay-Steven put out to build up his confidence.

I know I'm a pessimist and getting into the top 6 after August for the first time is excellent, but I can't help but look at us only being 3 points ahead of 11th and with our next 2 games being at Pittodrie and Parkhead and thinking there's a hell of a long way to go, we could easily be right back down there and then the pressure is on us to win the games in hand. I know Aberdeen and Celtic aren't Barcelona but we've tended to shit the bed against them more often than not the last 2 years, especially Celtic.

Archie's done quite well in the January windows so far and I'm optimistic that him punting Stevenson so early suggests he's got a couple of options available to him early in the window.

I agree. Long way to go. 3pts separate 6th and 11th. It's good news we are inside top 6 but I wouldn't expect it to last very long with dons and celts next on our fixture list.

We're looking at getting Callum McGregor on loan, going by the BBC gossip section. Would be a good signing IMO

to be fair there's probably no story there. We were linked with Islam Feruz over the summer by the press and Archie said he had never at any point looked at Feruz. McGregor would be a good signing but unfortunately just can't see it.

Any more word about us signing Moses Emannuel from Bromley yet? He would potentially be a really good signing

Mind when some of you lads were hating on Archie and wanted him punted? Cracking job he's doing. Such a tight league, fickle too, as some of our fans (Not so much on here!) are getting the same way with Hartley.

Mind when some of you lads were hating on Archie and wanted him punted? Cracking job he's doing. Such a tight league, fickle too, as some of our fans (Not so much on here!) are getting the same way with Hartley.

Archie is doing a good job.

He's turned it around after a really shit start though.

3 points after 9 games. 23 after 18.

What a guy.

Not gonna lie, at points I've wanted to see him shot and P45 has to. He's doing a decent enough job and maybe, just maybe seems to be learning from alot of his errors. He still isn't without his faults but he is finally starting to show some self awareness. The league position is somewhat deceptive though so easy enough for perception to switch again.

Theres been points I've questioned things majorly. Like his record on signing strikers. I don't think theres ever been a major movement however to get him out though. I'm sure there was a poll on one of the fb fans pages a couple of months back and people overwhelmingly wanted Archie to stay.

Edited by Snakebite