The Partick Thistle thread

43 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Myles for me but all three have been good so far. Not sure I'd have a fourth player anywhere near a best player award.

Goalkeeper all day long for me also Claudia 

Reserves played QP in the Glasgow Cup earlier today, drew 2-2. Zero mention of it on our website or social media that I can see. 

However Ashcroft and possibly Ablade went off injured judging by the QP report (with a couple of mis spelled player names) , maybe Ablade was pre planned if he's starting on Saturday. 

Screenshot_20240902_193948_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240902_194506_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Fuctifano

8 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Is Ashcroft the unluckiest signing we've ever made?

Mitch Austin, maybe?

c**t got injured immediately after signing, then just as he started to get fit Covid happened and he left. Granted, he looked absolutely shite. 

According to Wikipedia, he’s needed two cartilage transplants since leaving us.

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Reserves played QP in the Glasgow Cup earlier today, drew 2-2. Zero mention of it on our website or social media that I can see. 

However Ashcroft and possibly Ablade went off injured judging by the QP report (with a couple of mis spelled player names) , maybe Ablade was pre planned if he's starting on Saturday. 

Screenshot_20240902_193948_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240902_194506_Chrome.jpg

Wish the Glasgow Cup was still a serious competition.  Though if it was, the ugly stepsisters would just win it all the time…..

10 hours ago, TimBob said:

Nope,though seems to have made his name in US at the Tampa Bay Rowdies(nice wee ground in St Petersburg) where Robbie Neilson is now Head Coach .

In today's 'match of the day' we're looking back to the momentous league opener on 4th September 1971, but it's tinged with sadness. In the early hours of that morning one of our own didn't make it. You can read more about it in the 'Scrapbook' section of the match hub...

Sat-04-Sep-1971 Thistle 3 Rangers 2 (SFL First Division - game 1) →

20.jpg

Well, that was a waste of a sunny Saturday afternoon. 

First half was okay but second half was unacceptable. Didn't have a shot until Ablade hit one.

Too many half-arsed performances by players who should be stepping up.

Credit to Alloa, sat in them took the front foot as we certainly weren't. Their right winger Buchanan had a great second-half and had Harry Milne on strings.

Alloa are a decent side and are better than Clyde and even the Championship dross we've played at home so far.

Out of the league cup, out of the diddy cup and out of Europe. 

We need a big performance next week.