The Partick Thistle thread

Osman has managed to find a bit of consistency which I thought he lacked at times in his first season; he's now a solid performer most weeks whereas last year, I thought he flitted between excellent and anonymous a bit too often for long spells.

I don't know what his family situation is but I seem to recall him returning to London regularly last season. If he does move on in the summer, I suspect it'll be to return south rather than north. I'm not surprised to see Yogi is interested especially if he loses Draper (although I seem to remember some chat about him looking to sign a long term deal at Caley?) but imagine he'll be in a queue of potential suitors.

Would be a big blow to lose both Osman and Bannigan in the one summer - and an even bigger one if it were to rival clubs.

As I've said before, if Archie manages to keep us clear of the relegation places this season, it will surpass anything that the club has achieved in my time as a supporter. He's not without his flaws but he has always managed to replace players with others of comparable or in some cases better quality. However, I wonder how long it may be before Archie starts to think about his own reputation in the face of the perpetual challenge of replacing our best players. If he continues to show an ability to identify superior players on a limited budget whilst maintaining our Premiership status, teams are going to start taking notice and rightly so.

Based on nothing concrete whatsoever, I can't see Banzo go to another Scottish team unless he does a Balatoni, i.e. doesn't re-sign thinking he will get picked up elsewhere only to opt for Killie when no-one wanted him for the start of the season. I don't think Bannigan will do that. I think he holds his time at Thistle in too high a regard - we gave him his break, he's won the league with us and we've given him the opportunity to shine in the Premiership. He has a decision to make on whether he continues with us in the Premiership (assuming we don't go into the play-off and then down) or look at what he can expect by way of appearances / salary in League 1 or 2 in England.

I was quite surprised, but delighted, when Dumbuya signed for two more years (I thought he'd be snapped up in the summer) and I wonder whether that is an indication that players of around that age perhaps value a bit of security. With Osman being a similar age, and having a history as a bit of a journeyman, wonder whether he would be happier staying with us as club captain if we offered a similar extension.

My favourite Osman moment(s) were against St Mirren. Osbourne saw him coming, and in what I can only assume as a fit of jealous rage at this guy doing his job better, he went in for a crunching 50/50 that looked like it'd destroy most of Firhill. Came off worst, and ended up being taken off injured.

Then didn't exactly the same thing happen the next time we played them, or am I making that up?

Getting Osman signed up again will be massive. As already mentioned, Archie has done a pretty good job replacing guys who we've lost to bigger contracts elsewhere, but there's only so long he can keep doing that on the type of budget we have, so ideally we can get as many of the current important players signed up as possible. Dumbuya committing to a longer term deal than we're used to gives me hope of this happening with the likes of Osman, Lawless and Cerny as well.

He has a decision to make on whether he continues with us in the Premiership (assuming we don't go into the play-off and then down) or look at what he can expect by way of appearances / salary in League 1 or 2 in England.

From what I've heard he's already made the decision and will be away to one of the many League One clubs who have been watching him.

/smug itk type post

I can't see Bannigan staying. He's been a good servant to club and for the sake if his career should move down south. I hope he doesn't and signs a 5 year deal with us.

Would love to get Cerny tied up but I think he'll go to. The guy is brilliant

At the moment I'd keep: Bannigan, Cerny, Seabourne, Frans, Booth, Lawless, Doolan, Osman and Amoo (yes, I'd keep Amoo)

I would like to try getting Stokes on loan, doubt it would happen but we must have a better chance than Caley surely?

Doubt Osman would leave as others have said, i'd add on Stevensons wages to his to keep those horrible Dundee clubs from poaching our players! :<

Frans is a great player. Shows how good Seaborne and Lindsay have been when they're keeping him out the team. Staying injury free has also helped. Heard a few weeks ago that he's still happy to be here and is pleased the see the defence doing so well.

Archie can't justify dropping Seabourne or Lindsay on current form but by the law of averages we will need Freddy over the coming games. Having just two centre halves for the rest of the season would be madness, imo.