The Partick Thistle thread

If Nesbitt keeps up his form, I'd like to see us extend the loan to 1.5 years

He had a good first game and we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves about him. There is a good chance that Celtic could loan him out again next season though. They have Armstrong, GMS, Commons, Johansen, Henderson, Christie, Allan, Rogic, McGregor and Roberts who play in a similar position so they don't really have the need for him.

Pretty sure there was talk of him being loaned out for a couple seasons because, as was said above, there are quite a few players ahead of him. We'll see how he does for the rest of the season first.

Aye. The Roberts guy is on the same length of loan in that scenario.

Both in the same age group. So much for Rhonny developing their young players. He impressed me more in 60 minutes than James 'Nuno' Forrest has ever done.

Totally agree with the "lets see how he does for more than 80 mins" I just don't want to see him excel with us and then end up at a Dundee for all of next season type scenario.

The thing that impressed me the most about him was his directness and willing to run at defenders with the ball - picked the ball up around the halfway line out wide and we ended up with a corner from clearing it to Nesbitt from defending a corner.

Totally agree with the "lets see how he does for more than 80 mins" I just don't want to see him excel with us and then end up at a Dundee for all of next season type scenario.

The thing that impressed me the most about him was his directness and willing to run at defenders with the ball - picked the ball up around the halfway line out wide and we ended up with a corner from clearing it to Nesbitt from defending a corner.

Seems to have a decent attitude to match his talent. A lot of neat tricks and passes, that I'm glad he's attempted after stepping up to first team football, but also put in a fair amount of running and won the ball back a few times against guys 10 years older than him.

Imagine Stevenson was dropped then chucked because we wanted someone in that position of a similar style to Nesbitt.

I :wub: Muzzy as much as the next Jag but Gaz Miller has been decent since he came back in and the formation against the Saintees on Tuesday gave us more attacking impetus than recent weeks.

This is one thing that hasn't really been discussed due to Dumbuya being so good when around. Miller has been impressive in the past few games. All in all I'd take Dumbaya, but Millar has shown he still has alot to offer at this level.

Strongest X1 for me would be:

Cerny

Dumbuya Frans Seaborne Booth

Osman Bannigan

Elliott Nesbitt/Fraser Lawless

Doolan

Only reason I put Nesbitt/Fraser is because I'm not getting carried away based on one game. If Nesbitt plays as well as he did on Tuesday consistently, then I'd have him over Fraser.

I like the above. It would be my team also. Cerny outside Gordon is best keeper in league for me. Super happy to have him.

Amoo is a solid impact sub or replacement for Elliott down the right wing. Elliott/Amoo and Lawless would also have freedom to switch to keep it fresh ;-)

I like Fraser when he's fit. I hope he's back fighting fit soon. Nesbitt has had 1 solid game and will be hopefully impressive for us, but i'd go with Fraser as he's a Jags man and not loanee.

Lindsey has been very impressive but experience of Seabo and Frans would be my starting back line.

Dumbayh we need back ASAP. He's be a revelation. Miller has done a fine job filling in but I'm excited to see what Dumbayh can do for us in next couple of years. And Booth has surpassed all our expectations.

I'd still like some detail on Dumbaya' s problem. This 'niggling' injury seems to have been with him a while now.Saying that, more than happy with Millar.

. There is an interview on tag with archie, pre St J game I think, where he talks about it and he said has aggravated a bone in his ankle, the total recovery would be 6-12 wks 4 weeks into that now so won't see him for a fortnight at least.

Well today is a biggie. We need another 3pts to get some distance between us and the bottom feeders of Kilmarnock and Accies.

Looking at Tuesday nights result and our recent form since new year we should be winning this game and fairly comfortably. If the boys are switched on and the new signing Nesbitt continues from Saints game I think it should be 3-0 Jags.

That said its more likely a very tight affair with Well squeaking a home win 1-0. We never make it easy for ourselves!

The lineup is good. Welsh is not starting and it's quite an attacking lineup.

Let's see if we can pull off a nice away win. Mon the Jags!!!