The Partick Thistle thread

Has anything more been said about Abdul Osman's future? I know we were apparently close to getting him to sign on a PCA in January, but since we've been linked with Danny Williams and James Vincent there's not been a sniff of news about this.

Is he looking more likely to leave or sign a new deal? You'd have to think with your upturn in fortunes over the past wee while, you'd be in a very favourable position to keep him.

Were you not just rumoured to be interested rather than being close to him signing? I'd expect he'll wait and see if any offers come in from England in the next couple of months before deciding if he stays with us or moves elsewhere in Scotland.

I haven't heard any news but I'm not itk.

He has said he wants to stay so he might be holding off to see where we finish and what we can offer him.

Same with Lawless, Seaborne, Frans, Amoo, Elliott and Bannigan.

Reid, on 03 Mar 2016 - 14:31, said:

Were you not just rumoured to be interested rather than being close to him signing? I'd expect he'll wait and see if any offers come in from England in the next couple of months before deciding if he stays with us or moves elsewhere in Scotland.

Indeed, better phrasing could have been used, apologies.

I heard it was all but a done deal for Osman in January but the deal fell through at the last moment due to "agent issues"

I was also told it was tied to KT leaving which I never believed at that point - he was gone that afternoon...

Agent issues being code for money grabbing c**t hawking Osman's wares without much input from Abdul? Then when Abz hears about it he's got zero interest at that stage? I suppose you could construe that as being close.

No idea - I'd doubt the people from Dundees side would think they had signed someone without talking directly with the player but I honestly couldn't say what happened.

I can say the person that told me was bang on about the O'Dea, Arturo and KT deals before the press has got any wind of either story.

Decent wee anecdote about O'Dea and a certain other club trying to sign him as well (not thistle)

Deefiant, on 03 Mar 2016 - 15:39, said:

No idea - I'd doubt the people from Dundees side would think they had signed someone without talking directly with the player but I honestly couldn't say what happened.

I can say the person that told me was bang on about the O'Dea, Arturo and KT deals before the press has got any wind of either story.

Decent wee anecdote about O'Dea and a certain other club trying to sign him as well (not thistle)

Well, do tell. (If not in here, on the Dee thread).

Well, do tell. (If not in here, on the Dee thread).

Utd wanted him and offered him more money.

He decided after 1 meeting with Mixu he wanted no part of that clusterfuck. Obviously he had previous with Pep which helped but said the difference in the meetings with the managers was a clincher.

When he went back to Utd to inform him of his decision they offered him even more to change his mind and he told them thanks but no thanks.

I've liked him ever since :lol:

I think that there could be many fundraising events run by individuals or groups feeding into an umbrella campaign. It doesn't have to be just forum groups pledging money, there is scope for many other fundraising events too. Any fundraising experts here?

We could all help the club in a big way.

More help to the club would be the folk that turned up to games when we were winning a league and in a diddy cup final turning up to the games more often. I can't understand where all the folk that turned up to that Morton game are on a Saturday.

Edited by stinkingbadges

More help to the club would be the folk that turned up to games when we were winning a league and in a diddy cup final turning up to the games more often. I can't understand where all the folk that turned up to that Morton game are on a Saturday.

People only want to go to big games. Ross County are taking 10,000+ to the LC final.

These folks aren't interested in watching run of the mill league games against the likes of Motherwell.

We're probably at our maximum for drawing crowds. We don't have 6000 armchair fans to magically unlock.