The Partick Thistle thread

We have 31 points after 24 games. Last season it took us 29 games to reach that. Season before it took us 34. Progress.

Nice FACT m8 :)

We maybe more pragmatic but that is gaining us more points.

A no-brainer really. You just wonder what will bring the stay away fans back? Then again our home league attendances have been shite for years so apart from necromancing the lost hordes from the 50s and 60s we're doing okay.

Hearts game rescheduled for 5th March, Aberdeen on the 8th.

Sensible dates for the two games. Pain in the arse on a personal level as now I can't make the Hearts or the previously rearranged Dundee Utd games when I could the original fixtures.

So the run up to the split barring further postponements is now

Motherwell A

St J A

Hearts A

Aberdeen H

Celtic H

Hamilton A

Killie H

United H

County A

Plus we're due 3 homes after the split.

Obviously the top 3 in a row isn't great but should be 7 of the last 11 at home.

I couldn't make Hearts away on the original date but now I can, guess they've got to allow some time for folk who now can't to return tickets.

Is the Aberdeen game still on TV or is that a champions league night?

So the run up to the split barring further postponements is now

Motherwell A

St J A

Hearts A

Aberdeen H

Celtic H

Hamilton A

Killie H

United H

County A

Plus we're due 3 homes after the split.

Obviously the top 3 in a row isn't great but should be 7 of the last 11 at home.

I couldn't make Hearts away on the original date but now I can, guess they've got to allow some time for folk who now can't to return tickets.

Is the Aberdeen game still on TV or is that a champions league night?

Other than switching the Hearts and Aberdeen games around (which SLJ said would be difficult due to rescheduling postponed fixtures rules) that's about as good as we could've hoped for. Gets the fixtures against the top 3 out the way fairly early and gives us a favourable run of games up to the split. If we're bottom 6 then it also means 8 of our last 9 games against bottom 6 sides.

Looking the teams in 6th at the split over the last decade the average number of points after 33 games is 45pts so we're looking at needing another 14pts from those 9 games to be in with a shout. Although one of our players will mention it in the media soon and jinx it anyway.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

CL night.

Surprised at that, but then I suppose it was supposed to be on BT wasn't it? They're hardly going to be raging they can't show us when they have Champions League on. Nae class.

After Motherwell and Saints, that's three games we're unlikely to get much from. After that though, four very winnable fixtures. Then we'll have five tough fixtures, cos we'll be pure top 6.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/partick-thistle/1344028-partick-thistle-reveal-plans-for-100000-pitch-revamp/

Maxwell looks a right smug fucker there. 100k is f**k all to us these days #partickthi$tl£

Glad the club are getting it sorted though, as said in the article, we're losing money from postponed fixtures having reduced crowds.

Edited by Red 'N Yellow

We've a decent squad that is deeper than usual at this point going into last half of season so If everyone is fit and raring to go what is everyone's opinion on the best XI? What formation would you play and why? What would your subs bench be?

Once I've seen your teams I'll throw mine out. Really interested to hear everyone's opinions!!!

We've a decent squad that is deeper than usual at this point going into last half of season so If everyone is fit and raring to go what is everyone's opinion on the best XI? What formation would you play and why? What would your subs bench be?

Once I've seen your teams I'll throw mine out. Really interested to hear everyone's opinions!!!

Im more interested to hear yours. You go first.

We've got some #dece options from the bench just now which should hopefully see us finish strongly.

For me-

Cerny

Dumbuya

Frans

Seabourne

Booth

Osman

Bannigan

Lawless

Elliott

Nesbitt

Doolan

But I wouldn't have a problem with Pogba starting games to rummel them up.

Cerny

Dumbuya Frans Seaborne Booth

Osman Bannigan

Lawless Nesbitt Elliott

Doolan

Subs: Gallagher/Scully, Lindsay, Millar, Fraser, Welsh/Edwards, Amoo, Pogba

Gives you a strong XI with an attack-minded midfield, options if any part of your team bar Booth is having a shiter of a day and even then the freedom to slot Elliott back at LWB in an emergency. Has Welsh and Edwards rotating in and out the match-day squad and even if you get injuries kicking about there's German, and even Chester Studzinski to shake things up a bit.

Edited by Ad Lib

Cerny

Dumbaya Lindsay Seaborne Booth

Osman Bannigan

Amoo Nesbitt Lawless

Doolan

I'd put Lindsay in ahead of Frans. Both are prone to being far too tight on their man and get turned easily but Lindsay is improving and is still only 20. I'd also make space in the team for Amoo as otherwise you're relying on Doolan on his own for goals based on the poor return from the rest of the midfield this season.

Strongest X1 for me would be:

Cerny

Dumbuya Frans Seaborne Booth

Osman Bannigan

Elliott Nesbitt/Fraser Lawless

Doolan

Only reason I put Nesbitt/Fraser is because I'm not getting carried away based on one game. If Nesbitt plays as well as he did on Tuesday consistently, then I'd have him over Fraser.

I :wub: Muzzy as much as the next Jag but Gaz Miller has been decent since he came back in and the formation against the Saintees on Tuesday gave us more attacking impetus than recent weeks.

Stupid Sexy Cerny GK

Dumbuya RB

Freddie Frans CB

"U da man" Dan Seabourne CB

Callum Booth LB

Osman BEASTING ALL THOSE POOR LITTLE WHITE BOYS MIDFIELD MACHINE

Bannigan CM

Lawless CUT INSIDE WIDE MIDFIELD GUY

Elliot RUN FAST AND HARD WIDE MIDFIELD GUY

Gary fraser RANDOM BRUTAL ASSAULTS ON FIFERS MIDFIELD GUY

DOOLAN

Best first eleven imo. Pogba has his place if we're up against a side missing a first choice cb and amoo has shown enough to get at least half an hour on as a sub most games, but barring injuries/fatigue/suspension id go with that. Give nesbitt some more time to see if he should be in place of fraser after a dece showing against st johnstone. Elliot showed enough against saints that id keep in the first team while hes still hungry to prove hes fully recovered from injury. As for welsh, let him join someone like livi or morton on a free.