The Partick Thistle thread

We've now outdone the promotion season by having 5 matches to reschedule- in the promotion season it was only 4 albeit the Cowdenbeath away game was postponed 3 times and abandoned once,

10 games to play

Feb 23rd- St J (H)

Feb 27th- Motherwell (A)

Mar 2nd- St J (A)

Mar 5th- BLANK (scottish cup weekend)

Mar 8th- BLANK

Mar 12th- Celtic (H)

Mar 16th- BLANK

Mar 19th- Hamilton (A)

Mar 22nd- BLANK (unsure if too close to international break)

Apr 2nd- Killie (H)

Apr 5th- Dundee Utd (H)

Apr 9th- Ross County (A)

TBA- Aberdeen (H), Hearts (A)

I wonder if we're waiting to hear if the Hibs- ICT game is being switched to the Sunday for TV and we'll play Hearts Saturday 5th March if so.

Aberdeen and St Johnstone are both out the cup as well so could also fill that date.

If the St J game is off it starts to get very tight to get all the games in before the split.

Edited by Fuctifano

We've now outdone the promotion season by having 5 matches to reschedule- in the promotion season it was only 4 albeit the Cowdenbeath away game was postponed 3 times and abandoned once,

10 games to play

Feb 23rd- St J (H)

Feb 27th- Motherwell (A)

Mar 2nd- St J (A)

Mar 5th- BLANK (scottish cup weekend)

Mar 8th- BLANK

Mar 12th- Celtic (H)

Mar 16th- BLANK

Mar 19th- Hamilton (A)

Mar 22nd- BLANK (unsure if too close to international break)

Apr 2nd- Killie (H)

Apr 5th- Dundee Utd (H)

Apr 9th- Ross County (A)

TBA- Aberdeen (H), Hearts (A)

I wonder if we're waiting to hear if the Hibs- ICT game is being switched to the Sunday for TV and we'll play Hearts Saturday 5th March if so.

Aberdeen and St Johnstone are both out the cup as well so could also fill that date.

If the St J game is off it starts to get very tight to get all the games in before the split.

Are Scotland playing many games on the International break weeks? Not that i think any of our team would be in the squad to be fair

Are Scotland playing many games on the International break weeks? Not that i think any of our team would be in the squad to be fair

Scotland are playing Saturday - Tuesday I think but more relevant is I don't know if top division fixtures are allowed to go ahead on international breaks regardless of whether teams have enough players in the squad.

Aberdeen would probably have a few away though. Shinnie, McGinn and Rooney will probably get call-ups, and possibly Cox and Hayes too.

We'll probably get more games called off before the end of the season, the thing's fucked beyond repair. We need to rip it up and start again, and when we do we're aswell looking at a good quality artificial surface. My mind was 10% made by the fact that we can't stage home games anymore, 90% made by Mark Warburton's fat moaning face about plastic pitches on the news.

If the board came out and said x, y and z is what's actually wrong with the pitch and here is what is needed to repair it which costs <insert figure>

VS

The cost to put in artificial

Give running cost comparisons then ask fans for feedback. Would be intresting to see what % would be in favour for each side if given all the info, costs etc.

If the board came out and said x, y and z is what's actually wrong with the pitch and here is what is needed to repair it which costs <insert figure>

VS

The cost to put in artificial

Give running cost comparisons then ask fans for feedback. Would be intresting to see what % would be in favour for each side if given all the info, costs etc.

Just put a picture of a greeting Mark "Warbz" Warburton in the artificial column. Job done.

Seriously though, I don't really care if it would get other teams backs up. I don't particularly care if it displeases our own players. Surely a good quality artificial surface is the way forward. I'd also imagine it would be cheaper long term than doing what clearly needs done to our existing surface. If it's so fucked that we can't deal with one day of bad weather now, then it's clearly in a very, very bad way.

Or put down an ash pitch. That'd be brilliant.

Edited by forameus

If we're going to continue to have games cancelled any times it rains we may as well do a Clyde and use other teams' grounds for fixtures for the rest of the season. It would be shite but better than having to play about 9 games in 10 days.

Shame about Andy Wilkinson. One of few loan players who came from a big team and done well for us. Scored his only ever career goal for us too.

Edit: Pretty sure part of the problem is water falling off the roof of the JHS and onto the pitch which is ridiculous if true.

Edited by Reid