The Partick Thistle thread

I'm pretty sure that land has been sold with plans to build / open a new distillery with visitor centre etc...

I've always thought it would be perfect too - pretty close to the site of Meadowside too.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

I'd assumed it would be allocated for building already, at least it's not another 500 student flats. Scotstoun would be horrible.

A stadium at the old Transport Museum would be incredible. Back in Partick, next to all the transport links, great pubs and generally a decent area. f**k it, someone get Colin Weir on the phone and get this shit sorted out.

It would be by the new transport museum, probably even beyond the wealth of the Weirs tbh.

post-107-0-05834400-1455877968_thumb.png

The land next to the new Transport Museum has just been bought for redevelopment, the old museum is being renovated and turned into flats, and Scotstoun is under pressure from locals about the parking for Warriors matches, so they're unlikely to welcome another team along with open arms.

All of those locations would be far too expensive to build a new stadium on. We'd need to move further outside the city centre and west of the city.

Helensburgh? Loch Lomond Shores?

What was Twechar about? Was that a training ground?

If we moved out of Glasgow you might as well shut us down.

It was the training ground that selling half of the city end for flats was supposed to pay for. Including a super duper car park under the pitch. :lol:

The land next to the new Transport Museum has just been bought for redevelopment, the old museum is being renovated and turned into flats, and Scotstoun is under pressure from locals about the parking for Warriors matches, so they're unlikely to welcome another team along with open arms.

All of those locations would be far too expensive to build a new stadium on. We'd need to move further outside the city centre and west of the city.

Helensburgh? Loch Lomond Shores?

The Warriors are getting easily double the crowds we get at Firhill. I live near Scotstoun, and while parking is bad when there's a game on, I think it'd be alright for Thistle playing.

Are the athletic facilities inside Scotstoun Stadium actually used or is it just solely Rugby pretty much at the moment?

There always seems to be a few people inside, some using the gym and a few doing weird shit like long jump training.

Based on going down there once a week for 7s.

Edited by Nightmare

A stadium at the old Transport Museum would be incredible. Back in Partick, next to all the transport links, great pubs and generally a decent area. f**k it, someone get Colin Weir on the phone and get this shit sorted out.

Pubs are decent but I'd want The Star to relocate as part of the deal. Just wouldn't be the same matchday without it.

A lot of work is put in by the groundsmen so it's a shame they'll get stick for this. There's been a problem with the drainage for a while now. Surely with the loss of income these postponed games are causing it's more than worth spending the cash to gut the whole thing and get it sorted.