The Partick Thistle thread

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35849641

Having a look at the Falkirk v Livi lineups I'd guess he was looking  at someone like Sam Stanton who we've been linked with before.

I was half expecting us to make a move for Stanton in the January transfer market. Seems to have stalled a bit in his development but he has a decent level of talent and I feel he could benefit from joining ourselves. Still pretty young and could be a decent replacement for Lawless should he decide to move on.

Swap deal for Faissal m9?

We have no say in where Faiss goes sadly, it's been rumoured he could be going to France and I could see that.

If he does stay within Scotland it's pretty vital that whatever team he goes to he'll have a decent chance of starting most weeks, while at the same time play relatively pressure free, a relegation threatened team wouldn't be ideal so when you combine those two Partick would be a reasonably good fit. Not sure you'll be able to match the wages his agent is wanting though.

Best of luck for the rest of the season, would be lovely to see you in the top six.

We have no say in where Faiss goes sadly, it's been rumoured he could be going to France and I could see that.

If he does stay within Scotland it's pretty vital that whatever team he goes to he'll have a decent chance of starting most weeks, while at the same time play relatively pressure free, a relegation threatened team wouldn't be ideal so when you combine those two Partick would be a reasonably good fit. Not sure you'll be able to match the wages his agent is wanting though.

Best of luck for the rest of the season, would be lovely to see you in the top six.

Cheers, we will probably need a fair slice of luck to achieve that goal this season.

Who is between the sticks for the Pars this season. With regards to Scully he'll not develop much by playing for our development scheme. A season in the Championship would do him the world of good. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go out on another loan next season. He needs the confidence of getting another run in a first team environment.

Faissal will be a 'hot property' come the summer. I'm not sure if he would get what is required in terms of a contract at Firhill. Then again we gave Stevo a few quid and a two year contract with the option of a third year which never worked out. Is there little, or no chance of him staying at the Pars next season?

We have Sean Murdoch being a top boy between the sticks every week there's little to no chance we'll be in for Scully, you seem to have a good thing with keeper's with him and Waters, it's a shame Scully wasn't quite upto establishing himself at this level yet.

His agent isn't very willing for Faiss to stay and I can't blame him, football is a short career and he's at his peak value and exposure just now, I hope if he does move he makes himself a pretty penny.

Football can be strange, find it pretty mental that Ryan Stevenston played top tier football this year, I'd blame him for your poor start Imo.

In fairness to Stevenson, he barely started in the first half of the season, so I'm not sure how much the bad start could be attributed to him. I always thought he was a good player but just didn't fit into our system as he's ideally suited to a role that we generally don't use. It's surprising to hear he's not had the best of times at Ayr, as I thought he'd skoosh it in that league.

In fairness to Stevenson, he barely started in the first half of the season, so I'm not sure how much the bad start could be attributed to him. I always thought he was a good player but just didn't fit into our system as he's ideally suited to a role that we generally don't use. It's surprising to hear he's not had the best of times at Ayr, as I thought he'd skoosh it in that league.

I also thought he was a decent player when I heard he was signing for us and he showed flashes, very occasionally, of actually being one. Inverness last season springs to mind. However if you cast your mind back to how you felt when he was coming off the bench as a late sub ("oh great we'll get a shift from him - NOT") and his general dick-ness at Tynecastle and also after he scored this season against ICT, then look at how he's rated at Ayr, I think we can conclude that he's not as good as we all thought.  I feel sorry for anyone who shelled out to have his name put on their kid's top, but that was probably no-one.

That's a cracking story. I hope something gets put on the official site before the game, if it's not already on Twitter and arsebook.

All over Facebook. The link started on Twitter a few years ago as his mum was using #ArchiesArmy to promote Archie jnr's condition just as big Archie got the manager's gig.

The club are hosting his family hospitality in the Ambassadors Lounge.

He's played against us twice and been awful both times. His highlight being to get outjumped by 5ft6 Josh Falkingham for an important goal.

Jolly good show of Partick to weaken what was a title rival at that time, great guys.

Didn't people chuck in money for some fundraiser thing to get them up here? They've got free flights and are guests of the club for the game ffs.  :lol:

How much were they aiming for with the fundraiser? Remember seeing it a while back and thinking it looked a bit much just to get a kid to a football game.

Didn't people chuck in money for some fundraiser thing to get them up here? They've got free flights and are guests of the club for the game ffs. :lol:

reading about the horrible condition the lad has I don't think people leith it live longer than their teens. I certainly wouldn't begrudge the lad free flights and being the guest of the club for the day