The Partick Thistle thread

Just for me personally, as long as he tries his best for us when we play them then I'm not fussed.

I'm certain that the wee diddy will always try his best in every game but it does leave a bad taste in the mouth. It's a bit like an invited guest turning up at your party and telling you he'd much prefer to be at the party accross the road but he wasn't invited. You'd hand him his jacket and tell him to f**k off. It's irrational of me I know but but I really couldn't give a toss whether he stays or goes now.

He signed for 2 years originally in 2012 then 2 x 1 year extensions.

So archie and shaggy will be well up to speed on who they'd like to replace him as they've probably been monitoring players for a couple of years.

So archie and shaggy will be well up to speed on who they'd like to replace him as they've probably been monitoring players for a couple of years.

Yup. We'd been tracking German since January 15 ;)

He supports Rangers, I'm surprised Ad Lib hasn't claimed that's some form of mental illness.

It's not, but it screams police surveillance.

Time for Mr Lawless, disrespectful to Jags and the fans to move on. Hope Archie does a Gunning on him.

I for one would find it difficult to applaud a player in my team who possesses the sectarian mindset that he displayed yesterday.

He is no better than the bigot brothers we abhor every time we need to listen to them chant their bile at Firhill.

We stood by Gary Fraser kicking someone on the head, Lawless when he was in bother with the SFA for betting and we even offered Jordan McMillan a new deal after failing a drugs test. 

A few daft tweets aren't going to get a player sacked and nor should they. 

Lawless should be hunted over to the South side and let him revel in his wee sectarian life. Note that Jordan McMillan was sacked by the club for his wrong doing.

Referring to "liking" pro UVF tweets as a few daft tweets really brings into question your intellect

Lawless should be hunted over to the South side and let him revel in his wee sectarian life. Note that Jordan McMillan was sacked by the club for his wrong doing. Referring to "liking" pro UVF tweets as a few daft tweets really brings into question your intellect

McMillan was offered a deal after he tested positive for a banned substance, he was only sacked after rejecting that deal, going to the papers to tell his side of the story and then getting banned for 2 years. 

There's nothing Lawless said in any tweet he actually made that is worthy of being sacked, he also didn't like "pro UVF tweets" plural, he liked one tweet which was the lyric of a song which he has since unliked. It's laughable that you would question the intellect of others when you appear to be in floods of tears because one of our players supports one of the Old Firm. 

I have no problem with our players supporting other teams, but what he did was IMO disrespectful. I am not in floods of tears about Lawless supporting Rangers, but annoyed at his professionalism.

Whether he liked, unlinked or whatever, an inappropriate tweet is not the issue, he has a responsibity to the club and fans to act in a manner which doesn't reflect badly on the club.

I am, rather was, a huge Lawless fan, he is at the moment probably our most creative player, however he has crossed a line and should be released with immediate effect.

I am not in floods of tears

However he has crossed a line and should be released with immediate effect.

Tears imo.

I'm not particularly happy with the way Lawless conducted himself on social media yesterday, or throughout the last couple of years for that matter, but calling for him to be sacked for things he said/liked on Twitter is ridiculous. His Tweets angling for a move and berating the manager ("My phone got stolen. Honest.") were far worse than the pish he was spouting yesterday.