The Partick Thistle thread

If Frans is offered a deal on similar terms then he'll sign IMO.

Seaborne leaving is a shame as he's been our best CB this season but he's not irreplaceable.

It seems to happen every year with us where players taunt the fans with posts like those seen by Sean Welsh / Gary Miller this evening. I notice Sean Welsh has deleted his though. A bit unnecessary imo and not exactly the best way to be building a rapport with the fans, assuming they'll be staying. Strange behaviour

One look at Instagram last night was proof (if anyone needed it) that a large percentage of our squad are utter fannies.

Shame to lose Dan, but as others have said, not irreplaceable. As long as we keep one of Freddie and Dan then I'd be happy. Think Lawless is off but can see Miller staying as he'd probably need to drop down a division to be a week-in, week-out starter.

Was expecting Bannigan to go regardless of injury, and still expect Lawless to move on as well, watched Archie's interview and he seems to think Lawless will go and Frans will stay. Not too fussed about Seaborne, would marginally have kept him ahead of Frans but not much in it.

I also wouldn't be averse to taking Aiden Nesbitt on loan again next season, I like the pace he plays at but very inconsistent. Celtic might want him to go somewhere where he starts every week, which probably wouldn't be in this division at the moment. My concern with the squad at the moment is up front. If Doolan gets injured we're relying on Pogba or Kevin Nisbet for goals- don't know if we're going to be looking for another forward.

Edited by Fuctifano

I'd like to see Nisbet go on loan to the Championship next season (probably to Ayr or Stranraer).

Hopefully Pogba can turn it on and score alot more, but if Erskine and Edwards can add goals from midfield we should be okay aslong as Cerny stays fit.

No hanging about with the pitch refurbishment.

post-1545-14633266424299_thumb.jpg

I actually ended up on the pitch a fair bit after the game and it was still very patchy in areas.

Frans set to sign on again:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14494380.Partick_Thistle_defender_Freddie_Frans_poised_to_pen_new_Firhill_deal/?

1 year extension with the option of another. Imagine he'll be disappointed it isn't longer, going by his comments in the article. Also had offers from Belgium but happy in Scotland.

Sounds as if Archie found out Seaborne is off so offered Frans a deal.

I wasn't bothered about Frans staying or going but the fact Seaborne is away I'd be more inclined to keep him so we're not on the hunt for 2 centre-halfs in the summer.

Yeah, Frans and Lindsay would be an ok partnership going into next year, but I feel we can probably do better.

Cerny

Dumbuya

Frans

Lindsay

Booth

Osman

Welsh

Amoo

Edwards

Erskine

Doolan

We can now field a fully functioning 11, and in addition have Fraser, Elliott, Pogba and some youngsters who would be on the bench. Essentially we have a squad of decent quality already, and the season only finished yesterday. Much, much better situation than we've been in the past two seasons.

Make or break season coming up for Gary Fraser after a couple of years of indifference.

A new contract or a good move, the order of the day. Will be interesting to see which one we get. The tough tackling midfielder with a great range of passing. Or the one we're used to.

https://twitter.com/scotthughes18/status/730098034491727879

oh well . edit: trying to embed tweet but it's (someone claiming to be) Scully's uncle saying he signed a 2 year deal last week

Not sure Fraser has ever been tough tackling even when he is a good form, which is part of the problem, if you play him too deep you get the best of his range of passing but he's not good defensively and gives the ball away in dangerous areas, and if you play him as a #10 he just shoots from anywhere too often.

Edited by Fuctifano

I'd play Fraser over Welsh tbh. They both lose the ball fairly often but at least you get a decent range of passing from Fraser in return, whilst not prolific he'll chip in with a few goals over the season compared to Welsh and he's still only 21 with plenty of time to work on his deficiencies. 

Ideally we'll get a replacement in for Bannigan who is solid enough defensively but can still get forward so we don't need to go with 3 central midfielders all season again with Fraser and Welsh providing back up. That means we can go with 3 attacking midfielders in Erskine, Amoo and one of Edwards or someone like Nesbitt if they come back. Nesbitt was in the pub on Saturday and said he'd like to come back and get some games but I expect he'd say that regardless. 

Edited by Pie Of The Month