The Partick Thistle thread

54 minutes ago, RedAndYellow said:

Not sure tbh I don't know many free agents. We could try and look abroad but Radom foreign signings don't usually work. Wouldn't mind seeing prince buaben back on loan as he has seem to have been frozen out of the hearts first team.

Really?  I can't remember too many decent performances from Buaben last time round.

40 minutes ago, ALJAGS76 said:

Really?  I can't remember too many decent performances from Buaben last time round.

Always thought he was quite a solid midfielder. Did his job and had good passing and dribbling ability, pretty decent at winning the ball. But his weakness was his shooting. I cannot remember one good shot from him.

3 hours ago, RedAndYellow said:

Need a prolific striker in January and a solid CB.

1 hour ago, RedAndYellow said:

Not sure tbh I don't know many free agents. We could try and look abroad but Radom foreign signings don't usually work. Wouldn't mind seeing prince buaben back on loan as he has seem to have been frozen out of the hearts first team.

So you've selected a midfielder as your January signing? :huh:

Archie pulled it out of the bag in the January window of our first season back in 13/14 - Mair, Taylor and Buaben all made significant contributions which helped us stay up. He's going to have to do similar in this window. It's a bonus that we have the winter break as typically, our signings come towards the end of the window. Plenty of time to get some new bodies in and settled in the squad. 

I suspect Scully will be nearing fitness by the end of the January so hopefully we can punt Stuckmann and put his wage towards someone who will be able to contribute more effectively. Similarly, fingers crossed that Dumbuya is nearly fit as he'll be like a new signing. Centre-half and a centre forward have to be top of the list.

Things could be looking a lot brighter or a lot bleaker depending on the outcome of the three games that see the year out. Anything from the two games prior to them will be an extremely welcome and entirely unexpected bonus.

32 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

Archie pulled it out of the bag in the January window of our first season back in 13/14 - Mair, Taylor and Buaben all made significant contributions which helped us stay up. He's going to have to do similar in this window. It's a bonus that we have the winter break as typically, our signings come towards the end of the window. Plenty of time to get some new bodies in and settled in the squad. 

I suspect Scully will be nearing fitness by the end of the January so hopefully we can punt Stuckmann and put his wage towards someone who will be able to contribute more effectively. Similarly, fingers crossed that Dumbuya is nearly fit as he'll be like a new signing. Centre-half and a centre forward have to be top of the list.

Things could be looking a lot brighter or a lot bleaker depending on the outcome of the three games that see the year out. Anything from the two games prior to them will be an extremely welcome and entirely unexpected bonus.

At last a voice of reason. 

Good luck to Ryan on a recovery that's that rapid. Reaching for dinner plates on Christmas day will be a hell of an achievement let alone back after the winter break.

Got my Hearts tickets through today.  Envelope has my name spelt wrong  a flat number on it despite me not living in a flat, the wrong house number and it says I live on X avenue when I live on X drive. At least the postcode was right and the postman knows me or I'd not be going to Tynecastle.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

22 hours ago, Dr Koop said:

Good luck to Ryan on a recovery that's that rapid. Reaching for dinner plates on Christmas day will be a hell of an achievement let alone back after the winter break.

Well, considering he's expected back in February, I don't think it's too much of a leap to think that he might be nearing fitness come 31 January.

Got my Hearts tickets through today.  Envelope has my name spelt wrong  a flat number on it despite me not living in a flat, the wrong house number and it says I live on X avenue when I live on X drive. At least the postcode was right and the postman knows me or I'd not be going to Tynecastle.

Years since reaching the heady heights of the Premiership, and still our office/admin and website are Junior level of standard.

On 12/11/2016 at 03:55, AMMjag said:

Our defensive record for the two seasons before this was very good. The management team have demonstrated competency in defensive organisation during their time here, but they've failed to bring in enough depth during the most recent window, which is what we're currently suffering from.

So it just feels worse. That, if nothing, is reassuring AMMjag.

On 14/12/2016 at 14:49, Pie Of The Month said:

Come Saturday evening you'll be cursing your postie.