The Partick Thistle thread

Adam Barton is a far better player than Paton, most non Jags fans I speak to rave about him. No one raves about Paton. 

I like Azeez too, he's an absolute handful for any defence. Deserves more time I think. 

Edited by thistledo

Azeez has some very good attributes, he's fairly pacey, strong and gets into decent positions, but his finishing is fucking woeful which is obviously a big deal for a striker. He can absolutely ragdoll defences and even if his finishing was just 'alright' he could easily be in double figures by now. He's still fairly young (that won't be an excuse for long obviously), and I'd be more than happy to give him next season but bringing in a 3rd option (replacing Amoo maybe seeing as we're not really using wingers anyway) might be a plan.

Barton is quality but I'm not sure how his style would suit NI in International games. There are some absolute diddies in that NI defence though like Ryan McGivern and Callum Morris so they have far worse than Barton, even Devine should be getting a look in ahead of them tbf.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Bartons a far better player than Paton, he plays for a smaller side though, so won't get selected.

Put some fucking  effort in, man. 

Would there not be issues with barton and devine switching from the north to the republic then back again? Not in terms of eligibility as neither has a senior cap, just in terms of ye olde Irish politics? 

On 09/03/2017 at 17:39, cilitbang said:

He's a nice guy 

8 hours ago, forameus said:

He's been...alright.  I'm not convinced his best position is to lead the line and be a central forward (if he is, he's shite at it).  His finishing is very poor, and he seems incredibly low on confidence in that regard.  However, as a physical unit up top who can chase down balls and make defenders lives hell, he's a lot better at it.  A vast upgrade on that useless lump Pogba in that he can actually jump AND run.  

8 hours ago, Meatwad said:

It'd be easy to jump two-footed into him and berate the guy but he has an upside, he just cannae fucking finish.

An upgrade on Pogba but not by much, out of contract this summer and I wouldn't expect him to get an extension.

Exactly as expected then. He was poor at L2 level except as an impact sub against tiring defences when he still couldn't score but scared defenders. No way would he have got anywhere near the current Wimbledon team in L1.

Just seen he's got another year on his contract, oh dear.

And yes, he's a nice guy.

Hello. I'm a long time fan and lurker on posts tbh. I haven't been to a home game in a long time as have very young kids. Tomor there is a wee chance that I might take my daughter to her first game ( she's 4 so god help me!) do I still need to buy tickets in advance or can I just rock up on the day? I take stand opposite main stand is still family seats (and fairly deserted?)

15 minutes ago, IrishJag said:

Ok cheers bud! Just need to convince her to go first :) is JH where family section is now?

Yeah. The end closest to the North Stand is officially the family section, but you'll have about 4,000 seats to choose from, so take your pick really.

8 hours ago, IrishJag said:

Hello. I'm a long time fan and lurker on posts tbh. I haven't been to a home game in a long time as have very young kids. Tomor there is a wee chance that I might take my daughter to her first game ( she's 4 so god help me!) do I still need to buy tickets in advance or can I just rock up on the day? I take stand opposite main stand is still family seats (and fairly deserted?)

Buy tickets at the portakabin at the JH.

Good luck - I've started taking 3 of them - never lasted more than 10 mins into the 2nd half.

They only want to see Kingsley ...

This Killie game feels like a must win now if we want to stay in 6th spot for the split

Osman looks to have broken down after the injury against Aberdeen and Lawless looked a bad one (looked like a clash of kneecaps and Lawless came off 2nd best)

If Osman is out we're badly lacking at CM. Barton and Edwards as the two CMs in a 4-2-3-1 doesn't fill me with great confidence. As good as either of them can be in their own roles, they need someone like Osman (or even Welsh) to hold things together.