The Partick Thistle thread

The Adventures of James Penrice - Part 2

What can I say about this young lad???

This boy just keeps getting better and better with every game, I said before that the only thing that was lacking was his fitness but he has really caught up with the rest of the Team in that regard, he can run all day now, the length of the pitch back and forward, no problems, he's actually being cultivated into quite an attacking threat now, he appears to be relishing learning under Kevin Smith up our left hand side, they're developing quite an understanding, King Kev is probably just using him to do all his running for him now but it really works for us!!!

Check out young Jamsie setting up a goal for his mentor at the Peterhead game a couple of weeks ago...

(Don't know how to crop the video but it's at the 2:00 mark!!!)

Skipping between two men while 'megging one of them, not bad eh???

He's also getting his media skills honed with us as well, here's his 2nd Club Interview!!!

So his report card so far...   excelling!!!

And it's being recognised outside of the Club as well ...

Gary_Fisher4.jpg

DL - James Penrice (East Fife)
Another terrific performance from Partick Thistle's teenage prospect, who continues to shine in his loan spell at Barry Smith's East Fife. Chris Duggan got both goals to boost their promotion hopes but it was Penrice, sprinting up and down the flank from left-back, who was the star of the show again.

Rumour going around that he's out of contract at the end of the season, if true, then somebody at your Club needs shot, but on the upside if true, we'll have him!!!;)

36 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

The Adventures of James Penrice - Part 2

What can I say about this young lad???

This boy just keeps getting better and better with every game, I said before that the only thing that was lacking was his fitness but he has really caught up with the rest of the Team in that regard, he can run all day now, the length of the pitch back and forward, no problems, he's actually being cultivated into quite an attacking threat now, he appears to be relishing learning under Kevin Smith up our left hand side, they're developing quite an understanding, King Kev is probably just using him to do all his running for him now but it really works for us!!!

Check out young Jamsie setting up a goal for his mentor at the Peterhead game a couple of weeks ago...

(Don't know how to crop the video but it's at the 2:00 mark!!!)

Skipping between two men while 'megging one of them, not bad eh???

He's also getting his media skills honed with us as well, here's his 2nd Club Interview!!!

So his report card so far...   excelling!!!

And it's being recognised outside of the Club as well ...

Gary_Fisher4.jpg

Rumour going around that he's out of contract at the end of the season, if true, then somebody at your Club needs shot, but on the upside if true, we'll have him!!!;)

Great to hear he's doing so well. As per the website, he appears to be under contract until the end of next season but I suspect given his performances, we'll be looking to extend that in the summer.

11 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

Great to hear he's doing so well. As per the website, he appears to be under contract until the end of next season but I suspect given his performances, we'll be looking to extend that in the summer.

Good and bad news that his contract is sorted, can we get him next season???

6 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Good and bad news that his contract is sorted, can we get him next season???

I suspect there'll be a fair chance that he'll spend at least some of next season on loan, should he sign a new extended deal. I reckon that might be in the Championship right enough - although the way East Fife are playing just now, he might be able to do that and stay at Bayview.

Yeah great to hear he's doing well, he's shown he's clearly talented in his 1st team appearances for us. He'll be encouraged watching Lindsay's rise through the ranks, will probably be with the 1st team pre-season but I'd imagine he'll be away on loan again after that.

16 hours ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

How has Ade Azeez been playing?  Looking at the stats, as expected, he hasn't been prolific. Does he have another year on his contract? 

He's been...alright.  I'm not convinced his best position is to lead the line and be a central forward (if he is, he's shite at it).  His finishing is very poor, and he seems incredibly low on confidence in that regard.  However, as a physical unit up top who can chase down balls and make defenders lives hell, he's a lot better at it.  A vast upgrade on that useless lump Pogba in that he can actually jump AND run.  

16 hours ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

How has Ade Azeez been playing?  Looking at the stats, as expected, he hasn't been prolific. Does he have another year on his contract? 

It'd be easy to jump two-footed into him and berate the guy but he has an upside, he just cannae fucking finish.

An upgrade on Pogba but not by much, out of contract this summer and I wouldn't expect him to get an extension.

It'd be easy to jump two-footed into him and berate the guy but he has an upside, he just cannae fucking finish.

An upgrade on Pogba but not by much, out of contract this summer and I wouldn't expect him to get an extension.

He's got another year left. Still would be surprised if he's here next year though.

Only senior ones out of contract (I think)

Welsh

Amoo

Elliott

Fraser

Wilson

Ridgers

Can't see keeping Elliott being a problem and Welsh had come onto a game massively before his injury- I think last summer showed we're now hopefully at the level where we can hold off most other teams in Scotland outside the obvious (Cel/ Ran /Abe / Hea / Hib (assuming they come up)) to keep our players so unless he wants to go down south I think he'll stay as well. Ridgers is obviously just short-term cover and will be gone and surely Wilson's time is up now.

Still undecided on Amoo, it was about this time last year he started playing well, but he's not had as many games this year I'd think with the 3-5-2 system negating wingers, and he's not a centre forward at all as his couple of cameos there have demonstrated. Lack of alternatives might mean we keep him though.

Which leaves Fraser- whose best hope might be a deal similar to the one Welsh got at the start of last season to prove his fitness, but I fear one more setback on that knee might be curtains for his career.

I reckon Archie likes Azeez, has a use for him and he's a popular member of the squad. He's very different to Pogba and Ecclestone: He isn't a lazy big b*st*rd, nor does he have an attitude problem.

I wouldn't be disappointed if he's still here next season, but I'd like to see us sign a third senior striker.

Edited by Nizzy

I reckon Archie likes Azeez, has a use for him and he's a popular member of the squad. He's very different to Pogba and Ecclestone: He isn't a lazy big b*st*rd, nor does he have an attitude problem.
I wouldn't be disappointed if he's still here next season, but I'd like to see us sign a third senior striker.

We also paid a development fee of around £25k for him so I don't see him going anywhere.
He needs some decent service.

8 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

We also paid a development fee of around £25k for him so I don't see him going anywhere.
He needs some decent service.

I'm fairly certain we got him on a free due to some cross border loophole

I see that Adam Barton holds the distinction of playing for both Ireland's.

Paul Paton has just been selected in the NI squad surely Barton would be a much better bet? Unlike Paton the guy has some recognisable talent.