The Partick Thistle thread

Scott McKenzie would be good if he kept everything exactly the same. If he wanted to bring in his own style and players then he's as much of a gamble as anyone else.

Although I'd rather give McKenzie a chance than some proven loser like Hartley or Duffy.

Aside from the fact Archie is happy here, he said he's got a board that trusts him and the club is a place everyone is happy to work at. 

It would be hypocritical of him to go to a Swindon-esc team after stopping Osman, Lawless and Bannigan leaving when ICT n Dundee were sniffing around. 

2 hours ago, cilitbang said:

Aside from the fact Archie is happy here, he said he's got a board that trusts him and the club is a place everyone is happy to work at. 

It would be hypocritical of him to go to a Swindon-esc team after stopping Osman, Lawless and Bannigan leaving when ICT n Dundee were sniffing around. 

Yeah, it really looks like everything's all roses and Santa Claus on laughing gas at Firhill right now. I hope I'm wrong, but a team that ships 11 goals in two games isn't in a good place.

57 minutes ago, Dr Koop said:

Yeah, it really looks like everything's all roses and Santa Claus on laughing gas at Firhill right now. I hope I'm wrong, but a team that ships 11 goals in two games isn't in a good place.

So you want rid of Archie and the majority of this team?

Get a grip. The last two games mean nothing, our season ended at Tynecastle. As a club we're probably in the best place we've been in since the 70's.

Nothing so dramatic - an explanation of and apology for recent horsings will be sufficient. Pick yer fights somewhere else. Thanks. ;)

I think Archie has done wonders but today was shocking. Really poor stuff and fans have the right to vent and say so. They pay the money for the season ticket or subscription.

A tad daft to want Archie and players out the door. It's a couple of terrible results but let's not be neurotic about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Archie announces he's off tomorrow or some point this week. Maybe he told them before the game and that's why the performance was so bad. Who knows? I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling that was his last game in charge.

4 minutes ago, Walter said:

Get a grip. The last two games mean nothing, our season ended at Tynecastle. As a club we're probably in the best place we've been in since the 70's.

Get a grip? Are you suggesting that when a team ships 11 goals without reply there's no cause for concern?

19 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

I think Archie has done wonders but today was shocking. Really poor stuff and fans have the right to vent and say so. They pay the money for the season ticket or subscription.

A tad daft to want Archie and players out the door. It's a couple of terrible results but let's not be neurotic about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Archie announces he's off tomorrow or some point this week. Maybe he told them before the game and that's why the performance was so bad. Who knows? I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling that was his last game in charge.

Thank you.

Get a grip? Are you suggesting that when a team ships 11 goals without reply there's no cause for concern?

Yes. Meaningless games played with half the team missing. Pull yourself together man.

7 minutes ago, Walter said:

Yes. Meaningless games played with half the team missing. Pull yourself together man.

Yes dad. ;) Still, I can't help but wonder ...

Any team with 10 1st team players out is going to struggle, heard that Elliot only pulled out last night as well which left us with no fullbacks so it was a tough ask against a full strength Aberdeen side. That said, the players had clearly downed tools since the St Johnstone game, takes the shine off a good season. Archie said himself that the top 6 has been a huge learning experience, and has told him a few things about a lot of the players. 

Side note about Ade though, I've backed him all season and think he can still come good but ffs his decision making, finishing and even just the time it takes him to get a shot away is terrible.

Keown looked very emotional at the end (props to him, Dools and Cerny for staying on after the final whistle), I'd think that's the last time we see him in a Thistle jersey. Cracking player and seems a decent guy. Hope he goes on to have a great career.