The Partick Thistle thread

Shame about Dumbuya as well, this time last year he was talking about moving his family to Glasgow and then he got his injury. Don't know whether he wants to move back down South but I've also had a feeling he would go this summer just with the way he was in and out of the team once he was over the initial injury, which may or may not have been down to other injuries. I'm not one of the "sign all our former players" crew but I'd take SOD back if Muzzy did leave.

And the Lindsay deal, regardless of whether it's good for Liam or not, is still a bit of a pisser from Thistle's point of view in terms of value (assuming it is £350k plus add ons). 

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Cheers to Whistle fans for proving the rumour true that you're all middle-class, mummy boy theology students who have no concept of real life. 

Anyone that thinks that a young Scottish talent moving to guff like Barnsley is a good thing, is aff their nut. 

Bloody students. :lol:

Fucking ignorant sheep-shagging newbie.

It's drama students, luvvie. :)

Cheers to Whistle fans for proving the rumour true that you're all middle-class, mummy boy theology students who have no concept of real life. 
Anyone that thinks that a young Scottish talent moving to guff like Barnsley is a good thing, is aff their nut. 
Bloody students. :lol:

You're right it's shite that he'll probably tripling or quadrupling his wages, with 3 year deal at 21 years old in the English championship. Playing in front of 20,000 every week, living in Yorkshire, right next to the Peak District. 30 mins from Sheffield, & an hour from Manchester. Just dreadful. I just don't get it myself and think he should make the smart decision and hold out for 5-10,000 a week up in the tropical north east of Scotland. I heard they're gonna have a smashing new stadium soon as well [emoji849]

I mean who makes the Scotland team playing in the lowly English Championship week in week out? [emoji6] This guy is obviously terribly advised [emoji57]

Bloody students. [emoji38]

Barnsleys training facilties are better than any in Scotland outwith Celtic. They're coaching budget is larger than most clubs up here's playing budget aswell.

Struggling to see why a player moving to a higher quality league, with a higher quality of training and coaching, is a bad thing tbh.

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Don't know whether he wants to move back down South but I've also had a feeling he would go this summer just with the way he was in and out of the team once he was over the initial injury, which may or may not have been down to other injuries. I'm not one of the "sign all our former players" crew but I'd take SOD back if Muzzy did leave.

Don't think Muzzy's going anywhere but IF he did I would take back SOD as well. If Penrice is going back out on loan again next season then I would have ATS as Booth seems to have regressed this season so a bit of competition could keep him on his toes.

Edited by MARYHILLISWONDERFUL

12 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

You're right it's shite that he'll probably tripling or quadrupling his wages, with 3 year deal at 21 years old in the English championship. Playing in front of 20,000 every week, living in Yorkshire, right next to the Peak District. 30 mins from Sheffield, & an hour from Manchester. Just dreadful. I just don't get it myself and think he should make the smart decision and hold out for 5-10,000 a week up in the tropical north east of Scotland. I heard they're gonna have a smashing new stadium soon as well emoji849.png

I mean who makes the Scotland team playing in the lowly English Championship week in week out? emoji6.png This guy is obviously terribly advised emoji57.png

Agreed but he's moving there for the football.

Guest Bob Mahelp

I'm a bit worried how impressed you Whistle fans are about what Barnsley has to offer. One of you makes it sound like a cross between Vegas and the Maldives, rather than the windswept kebab shop hellhole that it really is.

Anyway.

If Lindsay does somehow make a success of his career down in the 19th century wilderness that is Barnsley, I promise I'll come on and apologise to you crazy kids. :thumsup2

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'm a bit worried how impressed you Whistle fans are about what Barnsley has to offer. One of you makes it sound like a cross between Vegas and the Maldives, rather than the windswept kebab shop hellhole that it really is.

Anyway.

If Lindsay does somehow make a success of his career down in the 19th century wilderness that is Barnsley, I promise I'll come on and apologise to you crazy kids. :thumsup2

and if he's a failure then he can always come up the road to sign for Aberdeen and you can come back in and thank us for him.

Oh, well we've broken our Transfer record when/ if this deal goes through. Good luck to LL and hopefully we can find an adequate replacement. 

ETA: I wouldn't be too unhappy if we gazumped KFC and went for Kristoffer Ajer on a season long loan from Celtic.

Edited by jagfox99