The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

One thing about Sammon that might sway him one way or another is that I'm pretty sure I seen him walking about town with his partner and a wee baby (happy to be proven wrong on that one). Might work well for us if he's looking for somewhere to settle for family reasons?

I think his wife is from Kilmarnock?hopefully he would be happy to settle in the glorious and wonderful surroundings of Maryhill.

I think we’re in a good spot but I also think County will make a move and start picking up points. I have a feeling that when Ngog and Eagles gain fitness with the squad they have they’re going to fight hard. We have to be prepared for Coyle getting something out of them. Accies whilst they have lost Devlin and Docherty always seem to get results. So whilst I’m optimistic I think we have to be ready for an almighty fight from these clubs. It’s not going to be easy especially as we have to go beat them away from home.
Our squad is fit and ready. We’ve got some serious talent and they are all clicking together as a team but let’s not think this is a walk in the park. We’re going to have to earn our way out of this poor first half of the season.

Hard to say with the likes of N’Gog and Eagles at County. On the one hand they’re players with obvious pedigree, but so were Sinama-Pongolle, Demel, Kawashima, etc for Dundee United a couple of years back and none of them did anything really. Right now Coyle has had a similar impact to Mixu - that is, the team’s fortunes haven’t improved at all since he took over. Long may it continue.

I’d agree with the suggestion that we’re better than both them & Accies. Obviously things can change and we love an injury, so no chickens getting counted here. Lose at Fir Park on Saturday & then to the **** and things could be looking pretty grim again.

I actually fancy our chances more to beat Rangers than getting anything at Fir Park. Dread games away to Motherwell, think our players might feel the same. With the exception of the 4-3 game, any time I've been there we've been utter pish. 

Edited by thistledo

I actually fancy our chances more to beat Rangers than getting anything at Fir Park. Dread games away to Motherwell, think out players might feel the same. With the exception of the 4-3 game, any time I've been there we've been utter pish. 
This... it will be the standard 2 goal defeat at Fir Park.

It’s all about what we do from here on in. Play like we have the last few games and we’ll be looking up the table even if we can’t get a win in our next couple of games. The team has a genuine sense of togetherness and have a spring in their step at last. 

Im actually confident of not getting beat on Saturday at Ravenscraig FC.

I agree but we’ve been here before. Coming off the back of a great result and then going in to next game confident and we flatter to deceive. Don’t get me wrong I’m excited to take on Motherwell in the form we’re in but this is the next step for us. Beating teams also in good form and those in top 3-4 slots. We always seem to put in a brave performance but lose against them 1-0 or get the draw. It’s time we went to Firpark and won convincingly. It’s time we beat Sevco, and gave the Edinburgh clubs a good bending over and slap on the rear. We’re talented but that next step needs to come and we need it now more than ever!

It's quite nice going into deadline day without really worrying/ being fussed about the squad needing any additions. Anything would have to be a significant upgrade, so it will be a pleasant surprise if we do get anything meaningful over the line 8)

1 hour ago, mrcat1990 said:

That's Milan away without making any dent whatsoever. Had a cool name and that's about all I can say. Best of luck to him regardless.

Good night sweet Czech prince x

Antony Stokes spotted in Wintersgills...