The Partick Thistle thread

14 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

I already have for this season - the point is I might not for next. It is up to the club to do something about that

At the moment the duty of the club is to attempt to preserve our Premiership status. Worrying about whether you choose to renew your season ticket will be way down their list of concerns. Sounds like a lost cause anyway.

At the moment the duty of the club is to attempt to preserve our Premiership status. Worrying about whether you choose to renew your season ticket will be way down their list of concerns. Sounds like a lost cause anyway.

As I said earlier, it is shortsighted. The club need to look after their loyal supporters.

8 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

As I said earlier, it is shortsighted. The club need to look after their loyal supporters.

Maybe they could offer something like a ticket that gets you into all 19 home league games for the price of 14 PATG games. Call it a season ticket or something like that. 

As a season ticket holder I'm not going to cry about £7. 

Adult Season ticket = £308 

PATG = £22 

308/22 =14

Home games in a normal season =19 (we had 20 last season, didn't see season ticket holders greeting about that). 

Season ticket holders lose out by £7 for Hamilton game. 

Edited by Fuctifano

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Do you have a ST? If the club increased it to say £400 would you still buy one.
If you patg, would you still go if the price was £30,£40,£50?
I would say everybody puts a value on what it is worth to go to the games

I do have a season ticket. If it was an extravagant price that was miles higher than anywhere else in Scottish football, then I most likely wouldn't pay it. But that's not what I meant.

The club benefits far more from the full purchase of a ST in the preseason, so if it's not a totally ridiculous price, then I'm completely happy doing that, regardless of whether I make all 19 games or miss 5 (and therefore lose "value"). When you consider Fuctifano's post above, and that there's always a form of deal in place at some point (whether it's a half ST, Xmas deal or this current post-split one), when you break things down the "value" element of a Partick Thistle season ticket is pretty irrelevant.

Adult Season ticket = £308 
PATG = £22 
308/22 =14
Home games in a normal season =19 (we had 20 last season, didn't see season ticket holders greeting about that). 
Season ticket holders lose out by £7 for Hamilton game. 

3 game package for £45 = difference of £21

Fair enough, I wasn't aware of the 3 game package offer but that's *still* cheaper to buy a season ticket.

And even if it wasn't, as other people have said you get other benefits with a ST. I fail to see how the club are "not looking after their loyal supporters"..

16 x £22 + £45 post split package = £397. In fact it would be more than that I'm sure as games vs the arse cheeks are £25 PATG (I think, I don't know as I have a season ticket).

I do have a season ticket. If it was an extravagant price that was miles higher than anywhere else in Scottish football, then I most likely wouldn't pay it. But that's not what I meant.
The club benefits far more from the full purchase of a ST in the preseason, so if it's not a totally ridiculous price, then I'm completely happy doing that, regardless of whether I make all 19 games or miss 5 (and therefore lose "value"). When you consider Fuctifano's post above, and that there's always a form of deal in place at some point (whether it's a half ST, Xmas deal or this current post-split one), when you break things down the "value" element of a Partick Thistle season ticket is pretty irrelevant.

Sorry to disagree, but the value element to me obviously is relevant. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be commenting on it.
I am also pretty sure that if I calculated how much per game I paid with ST compared to patg matches I attended I have paid more with the ST. That doesn’t encourage bulk buying.
If there is always a “deal” during the season, the club should make that clear at the outset.

3 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Sorry to disagree, but the value element to me obviously is relevant. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be commenting on it.
I am also pretty sure that if I calculated how much per game I paid with ST compared to patg matches I attended I have paid more with the ST. That doesn’t encourage bulk buying.
If there is always a “deal” during the season, the club should make that clear at the outset.

In fairness to the club, clearly the point of the season ticket is that you'll attend all, or the vast majority, of games. In that situation, you're much better off getting the season ticket rather than PATG. That you've bought one when you can't attend all the matches, and have known from the outset that you can't, and therefore the saving is being undercut by this deal isn't really on the club.

In fairness to the club, clearly the point of the season ticket is that you'll attend all, or the vast majority, of games. In that situation, you're much better off getting the season ticket rather than PATG. That you've bought one when you can't attend all the matches, and have known from the outset that you can't, and therefore the saving is being undercut by this deal isn't really on the club.

If you read my 1st post on this again, you will see that I factored in missing 4 games before deciding to buy the ST. If the club say at the time of selling the ST that there are going to be 2 LC matches at say £15, 4 league matches at £25, 12 at £22 and 3 at £15, then everyone can make the relevant decision whether they want to buy or not.

You can get every home league game for £20 with a fan card. Then take offers on top of that. Why don't you do that and stop greeting about season ticket prices? :angel :P

I'm looking into getting a statue of John Lambie commissioned. 

Good idea or bad idea?

Flags almost complete and still £2000 with the club. Seems a good starting fund. 

Anyone know anything about the cost of this or know any budding sculptors?

I'm looking into getting a statue of John Lambie commissioned. 

Good idea? Obviously check this is okay with family and consult with club. 

Flags almost complete and still £2000 with the club. Seems a good starting fund. 

Anyone know anything about the cost of this or know any budding sculptors?

You can get every home league game for £20 with a fan card. Then take offers on top of that. Why don't you do that and stop greeting about season ticket prices? :angel [emoji14]

I didn’t know that. Thanks for the info.
Oh and I am really sorry for upsetting you

17 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Do season tickets not have league cup games and some form of discount on Jagzone as well?

I think I remember my season ticket getting me into all home League Cup league stage games. Pretty decent. 

On the subject of STs / reduced tickets prices for PATG. It's got to be a good thing surely, I don't blame anyone not wanting to purchase a season ticket, I usually question why I do this at least once a season. If offering deals gets more money and more people into the ground then great, all for it.

Edited by thistledo