The Partick Thistle thread

Definitely Grant Murray ;)

If it’s a behind the scenes role, my guess would be Martin Hardie. Iirc, he was a youth coach at St Mirren for a bit and with Ross leaving them, it’s all change. That, and it would mean he takes Gerry’s old role and everything is sorted role wise. 

Lyle Taylor is indeed out of contract:

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/dons-offered-lyle-taylor-exceptional-contract-but-expected-to-sign-for-league-one-rival/

An interesting line that has most definitely not been taken out of context in the slightest:

Taylor had told our paper that he wanted to play Championship football next season

Partick Thistle are in the Championship.

Lyle Taylor wants to play Championship football.

WELCOME BACK, LYLE!

12 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Bringing back a 'legend' in the next few days according to Alan Nixon on Twitter. Can't think of anyone currently playing that would fit the legend description? So may well be in a non-playing capacity.  

Pee-tee the Toucan? 

As said, I genuinely can’t think of any player that would come into that category. Could be Donald Park on the coaching side?

All the better known recent players are either signed up or recently joined clubs. 

5 minutes ago, Reid said:

My guess would be someone becoming head of Thistle Weir.

I’m sure I read Scott Allison to take over Gerry Britton’s role? Maybe not...

30 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

As said, I genuinely can’t think of any player that would come into that category. Could be Donald Park on the coaching side?

Seems about as good a shout as any to me. Allison's role in the academy is vacant since he took Gerry's position and Park has a great track record with youth development.

1 minute ago, Armand 2 said:

Seems about as good a shout as any to me. Allison's role in the academy is vacant since he took Gerry's position and Park has a great track record with youth development.

He’s confirmed it’s a ‘behind the scenes’ role. 

On 6/23/2018 at 11:35, John Lambie said:

No live video streaming for us next season.   Back to the commentary then. 

82 subscribers is quite an embarrassment and although it's cash, it's not that much.     I was a subscriber but the PPV strangely had higher quality and less buffering so went down that route.

Do any other Championship teams offer live pictures from the games?    Morton did a good few years back I'm sure.  

Dunfermline and Falkirk do, don't know about Morton.