The Partick Thistle thread

9 minutes ago, Firhillista said:

Anyway, moving on, Jack Storer has now signed. Suspect he'll either be a gem of a find or an embarrassing disaster. Either way, the banter should be good.

This. 

Wonder if we're still in for Rowe as well? 

3 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

This. 

Another unheard of striker? That would be too much for the one day, surely?

#AnnounceRowe

This. 

Storer played as a number 10 then in CM in the bounce games so possibly.

Reckon Storer will be decent banter tbh.

Spoke to my colleague about Sena. 

“Definitely a DM (Pollock started him as a fullback n he was hopeless), will run about all day and wins everything going and is prone to put in really bad challenges from time to time (fucking yes tbh!).” Also, he’s only 19 and built like a tank. Under contract too apparently.

Sounds like he will be used to win the ball n give it to Banzo or McCarthy. 

Edited by cilitbang

Was impressed with him vs Raith.

Presuming Keown, Barton and Storey go, would still like: centre back, right-back, holding midfielder, winger, number 10, striker. Not much to go then.

1 hour ago, Firhillista said:

Shea Gordon joins on loan from Motherwell. Not sure we'll see Barjolas joining now as well. Or Slater.

Think we need at least one more centre midfielder. McCarthy is pretty raw, Gordon is a few months older but has even less first team experience, and Bannigan can't be relied upon to stay fit. Barjonas would be in the same bracket as the first two so wouldn't make too much sense.

Slater being on trial and then not getting an offer seems odd- notwithstanding the fact folk last year mistook James Penrice for Josh Meekings (!) but assuming it was him, he wouldn't seem to be the sort of guy who'd need a trial as a fairly known quantity in Scottish football- you either know he's good enough or he isn't. Unless we were just doing it as a favour for fitness, bearing in mind none of the games to date have been open door. 

We need another older head for CM. After Bannigan we will have McCarthy, Gordon, Sena who are all young. I’m not counting Barton as I assume (hope!) he’ll be away. 

ETA. Also Fitzpatrick is to be around the 1st team but he’s even younger.

Edited by cilitbang

I think the chat was we were/are keen to add Slater but he's left to go on trial elsewhere for the time being. 

I have a sneaky feeling that Gordon will turn out to be a tidy signing.

I expect Storer will be talented but whether he can keep a lid on his temper remains to be seen.

33 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

I think the chat was we were/are keen to add Slater but he's left to go on trial elsewhere for the time being. 

I have a sneaky feeling that Gordon will turn out to be a tidy signing.

I expect Storer will be talented but whether he can keep a lid on his temper remains to be seen.

images.jpeg