The Partick Thistle thread

I think we have the makings of a really solid championship side. Obviously we need them to bond and have the right mentality but i think Archie did the right thing getting rid of 3/4 of the squad at the end of the season. He kept our best half dozen players who have a real connection to the club and hopefully that means no hangover going into this season sharp and ready for the fight. Starting to feel glass half full now. A few more bodies in the door and I think we'll be ready to enjoy this season. 

5 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

I admit I never saw anything of Slater at Colchester or Dundee United, but I thought he was a very good player for Kilmarnock who could open the pitch up and was great at shooting from range.  I think you have an upgrade on Gary Fraser, fitness permitting.

Some of his goals etc:-

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=craig+slater

His "best bits" for Colchester shows he can be a clever player on his day.    I seen more of a player in those 4 minutes than Gary Fraser's whole Thistle career although Tynecastle and Parkhead were pretty good. 

Latest Archie JZ interview apart from the usual regurgitated platitudes and excuses (excuses for the Stenny game in early):

Elliott injured (ta-da!),  had a minor op on his chest,won't play Sunday, no details beyond that

No movement on "the three"

Storer up here for a fresh start, admits he can be problematic but very talented, can play up front or attacking midfield.

Still looking for defenders and also in the striking area but can't really do anything while "the three" are still here.

Latest Archie JZ interview apart from the usual regurgitated platitudes and excuses (excuses for the Stenny game in early):
Elliott injured (ta-da!),  had a minor op on his chest,won't play Sunday, no details beyond that
No movement on "the three"
Storer up here for a fresh start, admits he can be problematic but very talented, can play up front or attacking midfield.
Still looking for defenders and also in the striking area but can't really do anything while "the three" are still here.

That is a bit disappointing, as I think we are a few players short even with the 3 being here.

7 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

That is a bit disappointing, as I think we are a few players short even with the 3 being here.

quote was "we do need defenders in at the moment, we just need to hold up on that, just in terms of centre backs because we've still got Niall and Barts" but later said "still actively trying to add players"

44 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Just remembered that Archibald turned down Templeton to sign for Partick.

Was that his biggest managerial mistake?

FFS it's Templeton not Neymar.  Pretty sure that decision won't keep him awake at night.  

Templeton could have been the difference between going down and staying up. But then again, so could many other things over the course of our shambolic 17/18 season.

Last season’s recruitment (or lack of) was a major flaw which can’t really be attributed to the failure to sign one player.

22 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Based on absolutely nothing he's a massive improvement on Devine. 

Don't sell yourself short on evidence gathering. 

Based on Devine, he's a massive improvement on Devine.

2 hours ago, thistledo said:

That's quite a shock, apparently he's the team captain. Playing in the Ektsraklasa as well, can't think why he'd want to sign with a Scottish Championship side. Looks promising. 

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

What a fucking club!