The Partick Thistle thread

Preseason friendly vs St Neots Town tbf. They played 8 and 13 games respectively for Cambridge last season.

Azeez then went on loan to Dover. 1 goal in 12 was actually a good return for him. Bring him home.

Edited by Nightmare

7 hours ago, Firhillista said:
8 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:
 Don't talk pish then.

Pie if the Month is a total fud who can't engage with anyone on here without making snidey, aggressive comments, presumably because he's got a massive ego which requires him to show how much better he is than everyone else - an ego which I can only assume is in inverse proportion to the size of his penis.

I agree he’s a fud !

On 06/07/2018 at 22:12, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I had a wee look at that - this bit caught my eye too:

“He was telling me about life, saying what was important, that I couldn’t quit because there are people out there without a job.

“Maybe fans have this perception of a team, that they are all friends, a squad fighting for each other.

“It is like, well the other guy is battling for your shirt – maybe you don’t want him to do well.

“I know that doesn’t sound good, but there’s a lot of false thoughts and it is not a good environment to be in.

... so is he meaning that you kind of want the competition in your places to play badly then? Doesn't strike me as being the right sort of attitude either.

Also did my nosey out of boredom and one or two of the related headlines tickled me a little :

image.png.787b8d7f6dc9472071e41700d483ec3f.png

image.png.91447cac44cf72791ec4c9d3c66ed17a.png

Hide contents

brb, off to check my car mat

You're pretty naive if you don't think players regularly hope team mates struggle. Theyll want to play, and if someone's keeping you out the team your hardly going to enjoy it for a whole season. 

59 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Interesting interview. Wonder who the players he referenced as being too loyal to are - we can probably guess quite a few of them to be fair...

Probably easy enough to guess many of them. The thing is though, his hand was forced with playing many of them because we simply didn’t have anyone else. A fault you can at least partly attribute to Archie’s own poor recruitment.

We had to play at least 2 from McCarthy, Osman, Edwards & Woods in CM. Aside from McCarthy would we have wanted any of them?

We had to play 2 of Cargill, Devine & Barton (+ Keown when he wasn’t crocked) at CB.

Unless he’s specifically talking about Penrice over Booth/Elliott or Dumbuya over McGinn/Elliott I don’t see what else he feasibly could have done with lineups. Other than sign differently/more players to replace people in the first place.

I assumed it was Edwards he was having a dig at. Plays against us today. 

Hearts published the team lines, trialist right back is Arlen Birch ex Burnley and trialist sub is Evan Horne who was at St Mirren last year. 

Some of the Thistle fans applauding Edwards when he's subbed for Hearts.
Unbelievable. Part of the team that got us relegated, contributed square route of f**k all and still some Jags fans think he's great. 

As was Doolan, Erskine, Elliot etc. He may had a comparatively poor 17/18 season with us (who didn't?) but he never showed any lack desire and most certainly did not contribute the square root of f**k all.