Doondee Utd vs Partick Thistle

Johnson was in my gym earlier with Knoyle. He is desperate to "bulk up" apparently and its something he has never really tried to do (Knoyle was basically his personal trainer). 

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dillon had a shocker, of that there is no doubt. I think the summary of the second goal is harsh though. The ball over the top goes past Souttar so leaves just two defenders and three strikers. Either Dillon challenges for the header (which he probably wouldn't win) or he hedges his bets and lets it come through to clear. The ball hitting off his face is bad fortune more than anything else. If he makes a clean connection it goes down as good covering defending. He was however at fault for the third and partly for the first. Not a good night for Lorraine Kelly's Sean Dillon.

The ball hitting off his face is because he was trying to be clever and made an arse of it. There was a much easier and more sensible clearance available at the expense of a throw or a corner. Sean makes a habit of trying these silly clearances back over his head. Sometimes he gets away with it but that doesn't excuse what is fundamentally reckless defending.

Very little has gone right for "not on my watch" Dillon this season. He looks utterly bereft of fight and confidence, a man waiting and expecting bad luck to befall him. A serious of calamitous defending decisions as outlined above, the standing and doing nothing part, giving up, was the worst bit for me. Doesn't matter how good a defender you are if you've lost the will.

What's the f#%king point?

Welsh and Wilson vs Ranks n Pates is a mouthwatering prospect. Apart from that we still have an outside chance of 7th place. It'll be nice to bid a fond farewell to our hosts too, I suppose.

f**k it, I'm going. Hopefully it will be 3-3 (largely) meaningless end of season fixture rather the drab, eyeball atrophying 0-0 sort.

Be careful what you wish for...

I didn't even cover that outcome with a cheeky fiver :(

Watch the highlights last night smith looked okay, Johnson looked like a player! Hopefully gets more game time, defence was a shambles as per (Dillon please leave). Ofere isna a footballer, that miss summed him up. Thought Fraser looked like he toughened up a bit actually trying to win the ball back and put a challenge in😳

Archived