Doondee Utd vs Partick Thistle

I thought Penrice played a game last season? Maybe it was a pre-season against Wigan or that other memorable team we played against who I've forgotten.

He's been on the bench a few times. Was involved in pre-season so may have played vs Wigan.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welsh was back to his usual self again last night after an excellent performance at Rugby Park.

I lost count of the number of times he gave away possession. He was culpable for the 2nd goal by giving away the ball needlessly and for his half-arsed jog beside Utd's 3rd goalscorer. He limped after his man and simply chucked it instead of putting a tackle in.

If the team is to progress next season, he can't start every week.

Welsh was back to his usual self again last night after an excellent performance at Rugby Park.

I lost count of the number of times he gave away possession. He was culpable for the 2nd goal by giving away the ball needlessly and for his half-arsed jog beside Utd's 3rd goalscorer. He limped after his man and simply chucked it instead of putting a tackle in.

If the team is to progress next season, he can't start every week.

Seabourne, Lindsay and Scully didnt cover themselves in glory either in the defence last night

I agree. Lindsay would benefit from a loan spell in the Championship next season I reckon. Whether we will have enough cover to allow this, I don't know.

Scully isn't and never will be good enough for the Premiership.

Dillon for the second Thistle goal  :lol:

Let's take the kicking the ball off of his own face out of the equation...

Screen_Shot_2016_05_11_at_13_21_40.png

A long ball over the top finds 3 attackers on 3 defenders - brilliant!

Dillon then, as usual decides instead of challenging for the ball in the air (which a half decent Sunday league player is capable of), to run backwards and see what happens - fantastic!

He then decides after kicking it off of his own face, to stand and do nothing.

Nice guy or not - he has to go.

I agree. Lindsay would benefit from a loan spell in the Championship next season I reckon. Whether we will have enough cover to allow this, I don't know.

Scully isn't and never will be good enough for the Premiership.

I think a few of our poorer performers just need to be taken out of the firing line.  Welsh and Lindsay are good enough for the Premiership in my opinion, but when Welsh is clearly out of form, he should be dropped to the bench for a few games and someone else given a chance.  I know we have a thin squad and there aren't too many other options, but still.

I'm not convinced Welsh is good enough for the Premership. I've nothing against the guy and this isn't a vandetta against him, I just feel he's too ponderous. He wants too much time on the ball and you just don't get that in this league, especially not in the centre of midfield.

Lindsay is good enough. He's been a bit ropey for parts of the season but he has all the attributes needed to make it. A run of games at a lower level might do him a lot of good.

Was Johnson any good when coming on, heard he kept doing skills

He was excellent. Very fast and direct. Caused all sorts of problems. Matty Smith was also very good second half (rather anonymous first) and Souttar was also good. Won every single header he went for (hardly surprising considering the size of him).

Let's take the kicking the ball off of his own face out of the equation...

Screen_Shot_2016_05_11_at_13_21_40.png

A long ball over the top finds 3 attackers on 3 defenders - brilliant!

Dillon then, as usual decides instead of challenging for the ball in the air (which a half decent Sunday league player is capable of), to run backwards and see what happens - fantastic!

He then decides after kicking it off of his own face, to stand and do nothing.

Nice guy or not - he has to go.

Dillon had a shocker, of that there is no doubt. I think the summary of the second goal is harsh though. The ball over the top goes past Souttar so leaves just two defenders and three strikers. Either Dillon challenges for the header (which he probably wouldn't win) or he hedges his bets and lets it come through to clear. The ball hitting off his face is bad fortune more than anything else. If he makes a clean connection it goes down as good covering defending. He was however at fault for the third and partly for the first. Not a good night for Lorraine Kelly's Sean Dillon.

I said this like a month ago and got berated.

Dillon had a shocker, of that there is no doubt. I think the summary of the second goal is harsh though. The ball over the top goes past Souttar so leaves just two defenders and three strikers. Either Dillon challenges for the header (which he probably wouldn't win) or he hedges his bets and lets it come through to clear. The ball hitting off his face is bad fortune more than anything else. If he makes a clean connection it goes down as good covering defending. He was however at fault for the third and partly for the first. Not a good night for Lorraine Kelly's Sean Dillon.

Well therein lies the problem!

If you have a centre back whose first instinct is to cover, rather than attack the ball, you are creating problems for yourself.

Well therein lies the problem!

If you have a centre back whose first instinct is to cover, rather than attack the ball, you are creating problems for yourself.

I've always said Dillon's best position is at right back. He defends like a fullback.

I'm not convinced Welsh is good enough for the Premership. I've nothing against the guy and this isn't a vandetta against him, I just feel he's too ponderous. He wants too much time on the ball and you just don't get that in this league, especially not in the centre of midfield.

Lindsay is good enough. He's been a bit ropey for parts of the season but he has all the attributes needed to make it. A run of games at a lower level might do him a lot of good.

He's not good enough unfortunately. He's decent enough back up I suppose.

Was really impressed by Edwards last night. He's looking better every game. Think he could be an important player next season.

He was excellent. Very fast and direct. Caused all sorts of problems. Matty Smith was also very good second half (rather anonymous first) and Souttar was also good. Won every single header he went for (hardly surprising considering the size of him).

hopefully all get game time next season

Archived