Doondee Utd vs Partick Thistle

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are United fans now wondering if they could have been saved if Thompson had the courage / money / footballing knowledge (delete as appropriate) to sack Mixu sooner?

More wondering how we would have faired if he'd sacked Jackie at the end of last season given the dismal form like he should have.

Beautiful sunset tonight, that was the best bit (well that and clapping good guy John Rankin off the park). Ofere is laughable, both Smith and Johnson looked lively and Dillon's face assist sums up the last 18 months for United.

90 minutes closer to the end of the season!

Why has jagfox not put any photos up of the paltry home support yet?

post-1545-1462913997083_thumb.jpg

post-1545-14629140276444_thumb.jpg

post-1545-14629140506429_thumb.jpg

post-1545-14629140688448_thumb.jpg

Plenty of tangerines missing from the Fruit Bowl.

Thank you.

DOON!

Second goal is a must see. Dillon attempted an overhead, booted it into his coupon and it fell nicely for Doolan. Fucking tragic/hilarious* attempt at defending.

*delete as appropriate

But we must keep him, cos he's experienced and a nice guy!  :rolleyes:

Beautiful sunset tonight, that was the best bit (well that and clapping good guy John Rankin off the park). Ofere is laughable, both Smith and Johnson looked lively and Dillon's face assist sums up the last 18 months for United.

90 minutes closer to the end of the season!

This football snobbery is why Utd are where you are.

Ofere may not be the most refined footballer but he scores goals. He should be a player you are looking to tie up first (if he will take a championship wage) but Utd fans think they deserve better.

He's the best you have currently.

This football snobbery is why Utd are where you are.

Ofere may not be the most refined footballer but he scores goals. He should be a player you are looking to tie up first (if he will take a championship wage) but Utd fans think they deserve better.

He's the best you have currently.

Having seen my team get slowly relegated over the last few months, yes I do.

What was the youngsters like? Any good, any be able to step up next season

We might get 10 or so appearances from Smith. Souttar and Johnson but I wouldn't be relying on them.

Ofere has scored in the last few games through sheer freakishness. Tonight's goal was dreadful goalkeeping (he had previously missed two absolute sitters). His link up play is awful, he has no positional awareness and he is close to being sent off in every game.

No thanks.

Do you think Murray will?

If not, who are you signing?

ETA - he'd rip up the championship btw

I think Murray will be a decent foil for the as yet unnamed strikers we will sign in the summer (I have no idea who we will sign but it isn't my job to). Murray again tonight was very effective at running the channels, closing down defenders and dragging players out of position. 

Murray and Ofere would both score goals in the Championship. Only one is economically viable though.

For what it's worth I think the one positive from tonight for me is that all our better performers were the younger players. We will however need some players with a bit more bite to compliment them in the Championship.

Archived