Doondee Utd vs Partick Thistle

Hope it's youngsters, no point playing boys that are leaving.

Though heard Robson and Coote maybe aren't aloud to play, cause they weren't meant to be on the bench cause they are illegible. Dunno if it's true thi

Are you saying Robson and Coote are mutes or that when you type/see their names you find them difficult to read?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm fed up with this thoughtless crap. What indication is there that all these young guys are collectively ready to play at this level, particularly against a team desperate to finish as high up the league as they can?

If they were to fail miserably, and there's every chance that they would, it would do them no good whatsoever. Is that how you encourage and develop young players?

Any team, at any point, should be developing young players by playing two or three of them in a team of more seasoned, experienced professionals. Just because that has not happened this season is not an excuse to put these guys into a position where they could easily become sacrificial lambs.

I understand the frustration of United fans this season but this approach is Chris Suttonesque in its stupidity.

There is (for once) some merit in your post Granny - but I'll have to disagree on certain points.

First team football is IMO the best way to develop young talent. Utd are faced with 2 completely pointless end of season fixtures. Playing (and potentially losing) in these 2 games wouldn't irreparably damage the development of a young player - if it did then you would have to seriously question whether said player ultimately  had the temperament to make it as a top level player (well - Championship level but - y'know). Does losing Development League games have the same or less mental impact as a senior game? If not are they not taking them seriously etc?

The only way to destroy the lads confidence would be if the fan's started targeting them with boo's and or ridicule after a poor performance in a meaningless game. I know Utd fan's are delusional and bitter but surely you wouldn't stoop to the level of booing your Ali Coote's, Robsons or Harry Souttars in these sort of games?

Get them out playing in front of a crowd, let them experience the level of opposition, give them a taste for first team football - you never know - they might like it and kick on to make sure they become regulars.

We are still embroiled in a "battle" for 7th place and potential increased financial rewards but I'd still be happy with a few young lads getting pitched in even at the cost of £100k (if the club can afford it)

I'm fed up with this thoughtless crap. What indication is there that all these young guys are collectively ready to play at this level, particularly against a team desperate to finish as high up the league as they can?

If they were to fail miserably, and there's every chance that they would, it would do them no good whatsoever. Is that how you encourage and develop young players?

Any team, at any point, should be developing young players by playing two or three of them in a team of more seasoned, experienced professionals. Just because that has not happened this season is not an excuse to put these guys into a position where they could easily become sacrificial lambs.

I understand the frustration of United fans this season but this approach is Chris Suttonesque in its stupidity.

Every player he has picked has played at this level, bar Robson who played the full game against Dunfermline in the league cup. In fact, only three of them you could actually describe as rookies - Coote, Johnson and Robson.

I've never been to Tannadice and that isn't going to change tonight. Unsure why home or away fans are being charged full for this dead rubber pish.

Hearts

Thank you

Every player he has picked has played at this level, bar Robson who played the full game against Dunfermline in the league cup. In fact, only three of them you could actually describe as rookies - Coote, Johnson and Robson.

Don't disagree but it doesn't change my mind or my point.

The team that powerhouse suggested lacks experience and guile IMO. I'd rather not expose so many youngsters to a situation such as this just because we are pissed off with the lack of determination of others who are going or likely to go.

We will be relying heavily on most of these young players next season and a great deal of work needs to be done between now and the start of that season to have them working as an effective unit. Picking a team like that for tonight is a knee jerk reaction to a disappointing season; I hope it doesn't happen.

With Osman and Booth ruled out for the rest of the season, and Dumbuya potentially struggling, it could be a bit of a makeshift team for tonight and Saturday. If Dumbuya is fit, I can see him continuing at left-back with Christie coming in at right-back and Miller moving into midfield. Alternative would be to continue with Miller at full-back and bring Wilson into the middle.

Would like to see Nisbet given more than just the tail end to show what he can do. Think he looks very promising. If Nesbitt can't get a start in these games, I think that'll be his time up with us, can't see him returning next season. Haven't seen enough of him to form any opinion, unfortunately.

Due to his performances of late, I think we'll at least offer Scully a new deal and it'll be up to him whether he wants to stay or seek first team football elsewhere. I can't imagine he's on great money and he's able enough cover for Cerny.

With Osman and Booth ruled out for the rest of the season, and Dumbuya potentially struggling, it could be a bit of a makeshift team for tonight and Saturday. If Dumbuya is fit, I can see him continuing at left-back with Christie coming in at right-back and Miller moving into midfield. Alternative would be to continue with Miller at full-back and bring Wilson into the middle.

Would like to see Nisbet given more than just the tail end to show what he can do. Think he looks very promising. If Nesbitt can't get a start in these games, I think that'll be his time up with us, can't see him returning next season. Haven't seen enough of him to form any opinion, unfortunately.

Due to his performances of late, I think we'll at least offer Scully a new deal and it'll be up to him whether he wants to stay or seek first team football elsewhere. I can't imagine he's on great money and he's able enough cover for Cerny.

Of the Dev Squad, having seen them a few times this season, either Penrice or McInally could slot in the respective full back positions. I'd like to see Jordan Leyden get a chance in midfield as well. 

Of the Dev Squad, having seen them a few times this season, either Penrice or McInally could slot in the respective full back positions. I'd like to see Jordan Leyden get a chance in midfield as well. 

Think Leyden is as good as gone. From what I saw, he was half the player as a centre mid. Looked promising as a centre forward.

Leyden will be off this summer so can't see him being involved tonight.

Absolutely no idea how we're lining up. 3 CBs and 5 midfielders I guess? Only 5 subs as well.

Lindsay or Seaborne at left back?!

Archived