Doondee Utd vs Partick Thistle

I'm disappointed TBS didn't loosen the human-skin purse strings to bring Archibald and Paterson to the Fruit Bowl...

So it looks like a safeish choice in McKinnon with £30k compo agreed with Rovers. He might even be in the dugout tonight if he can sort out his backroom team.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't matter what Thompson says or does now, there will always be an element of our support who fucking hate him no matter what. If you look at it sensibly then in the last couple of weeks he has done exactly what he should be doing after relegation - Announced he was looking for fresh investment, sacked the manager, released the shite, appointed a 'Utd guy' as new head coach, got Spence in as an intermediary (playing to the crowd but still a decent appointment), a new face on the board. Short of sacking Southern he has done all the right things recently.

The 'Thompson out now' brigade are self indulgent idiots. People saying they will not renew their season tickets or go to home game until he's gone are exactly the same folk who will shout the loudest if we don't get back up at the first time of asking.

We are where we are, for the time being at least we need to continue to support the club financially and support the players during games.

There's a few people trying to get a 'protest march' going from the Snug bar to Tannadice before the game. What exactly has Thompson not been clear about, re: trying to get the f**k out of the club as fast as many people want him out?

I'm sure it's the guy that used to be chairman of the fed that is trying to get this organised

Disappointed in the lack of hubris in the United posts here. I was hoping for some Sevco-esque promises of retribution mixed with calamity.

Maybe warnings of financial disaster and collapse are needed before the bleeding starts.

I am also sure most United fans have more class than your average fan of Team Liquidation Escape.

Just sayin'.

:D

Osman and Booth confirmed as out.

Cerny

Miller Frans Seaborne Dumbuya

Welsh Edwards

Amoo Lawless Elliott

Doolan

That would be my team. Our midfield looks really weak. Just hoping and praying that we don't see a midfield pairing of Welsh and Wilson.

Disappointed in the lack of hubris in the United posts here.  I was hoping for some Sevco-esque promises of retribution mixed with calamity.

Arabs accept that the mess that we are in is totally down to ourselves. On the other hand fans of Sevco, and it's predecessor, blamed (and still blame) everyone else for their misfortune.

The only target in this sorry affair is Stephen Thompson and whilst some of the criticism is definitely justified some of it is over the top.

So no retribution archie; can't make any promises about calamity however. :(

Our midfield looks really weak. Just hoping and praying that we don't see a midfield pairing of Welsh and Wilson.

Relax. We're pish. Potentially half a team of teenagers tonight.

Team I'd start but know that he won't is

Zwick

Knoyle, Donaldson, Durnan, Robson

Spittal, Fraser, Rankin, Johnson

Coote

Murray

Subs: Souttar, Anier, Bodul, Dillon

I'm fed up with this thoughtless crap. What indication is there that all these young guys are collectively ready to play at this level, particularly against a team desperate to finish as high up the league as they can?

If they were to fail miserably, and there's every chance that they would, it would do them no good whatsoever. Is that how you encourage and develop young players?

Any team, at any point, should be developing young players by playing two or three of them in a team of more seasoned, experienced professionals. Just because that has not happened this season is not an excuse to put these guys into a position where they could easily become sacrificial lambs.

I understand the frustration of United fans this season but this approach is Chris Suttonesque in its stupidity.

Hope it's youngsters, no point playing boys that are leaving.

Though heard Robson and Coote maybe aren't aloud to play, cause they weren't meant to be on the bench cause they are illegible. Dunno if it's true thi

Team I'd start but know that he won't is

Zwick

Knoyle, Donaldson, Durnan, Robson

Spittal, Fraser, Rankin, Johnson

Coote

Murray

Subs: Souttar, Anier, Bodul, Dillon

The fact you'd just pick 4 subs only begins to describe how stupid this team would be.

Hope it's youngsters, no point playing boys that are leaving.

Though heard Robson and Coote maybe aren't aloud to play, cause they weren't meant to be on the bench cause they are illegible. Dunno if it's true thi

Another example of why people should ignore what they have 'heard'.

Coote played on Friday, remember?

Osman and Booth confirmed as out.

Cerny

Miller Frans Seaborne Dumbuya

Welsh Edwards

Amoo Lawless Elliott

Doolan

That would be my team. Our midfield looks really weak. Just hoping and praying that we don't see a midfield pairing of Welsh and Wilson.

Cerny is out as well. Maybe play one or two of the development squad tho I've no idea who.

Archived