Doondee Utd vs Partick Thistle

I think Murray will be a decent foil for the as yet unnamed strikers we will sign in the summer (I have no idea who we will sign but it isn't my job to). Murray again tonight was very effective at running the channels, closing down defenders and dragging players out of position.

Ofere has a record of almost a goal every 2nd game in the top league.

Top championship strikers include John Baird, mark Stewart, Denny Johnstone, lee Miller and Derek Lyle.

Shudder to think of their top flight records.

FWIW I'd take Ofere at Dens.

He's nowhere near starting for us but some option off the bench.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deefiant sees United now and again and things he's an expert on the team; arrogant p***k.

I'll be glad to see the back of Ofere but would be delighted if he goes to Dens.

Another shocking defensive performance by United, 3 very soft goals but no less than we have come to expect this season. Dillon has been a good servant but he is just awful and despite 3 goals in 3 games Ofere is pish. Murray, Smith and Johnson running at defenders is what we have lacked all season, pity we wait until the 2nd last game of the season before trying this.

Lovely gesture by Dundee United to have their players wear the black armbands in tribute to the Partick Thistle kitman Ricky.

Also lovely touch by the United fans to join the Jags fans in the applause in the 65th minute as a tribute to Ricky

Lovely gesture by Dundee United to have their players wear the black armbands in tribute to the Partick Thistle kitman Ricky.

Also lovely touch by the United fans to join the Jags fans in the applause in the 65th minute as a tribute to Ricky

Anything for our yes voting brethren.

Relegated?

Worried about the future of your club?

Goal difference looking a bit hellish?

Then reach for Generous Thistle Defence - the all-in-one solution to your shit forward line.

Relegated?

Worried about the future of your club?

Goal difference looking a bit hellish?

Then reach for Generous Thistle Defence - the all-in-one solution to your shit forward line.

Joint 4th best defence in the league in terms of goals conceded. 

Disappointing to lose a two goal lead at any time, let alone on two occasions in the match.

For a fringe side I thought we were very good going forward at times.

Penrice acquitted himself well for a 17 year old boy making his debut, the corner for Freddie's goal was terrific, he's one I've been very impressed with when I've watched the development squad.

He's still largely raw and needs to fill out a bit, but that's something that'll sort itself.

The subs left us far too open, which brought about the incessant backing off that led to the two United goals - looked liked Johnson was just allowed to swan right through at the end.

Ach well, a nothing game in honesty, enjoyed my part in the Relegation Rave/Rememberance Rave so there's also that.

Archived