Institutionalised bullying.

The press did the same thing with Adele a few years back when she cancelled a couple of public appearances/shows.

The lassie has spoken quite openly and frankly about her struggles with severe social anxiety and the fact she's suffered recurrent depressive episodes, but no, the fuckers ran with nothing but 'Adele disgrace/lets down fans/diva waster' stories without so much as acknowledging why she'd pulled out in the first place.

Every statistic shows newspaper circulation in dramatic fall. Fantastic. The sooner the scum cease to exist the better.

Read an article about her earlier- they managed to drag a quote out of some deranged Yanks who were ostensibly devastated because they'd travelled over especially to see Sheridan Smith in that show.

Flying across the Atlantic to see the burd out of Two Pints of Lager And A Packet of Crisps live...just let that one sink in.

I'm noticing it in particular just now with Chris Evans ahead of the Top Gear launch with the Daily M**l saying he bullies colleagues, he hates the top gear team and the show is set to fail etc.

They just have a witch-hunt on certain people.

This stuff has followed him around his whole career on radio and TV though.

He does genuinely seem to be a c**t to work with.

This stuff has followed him around his whole career on radio and TV though.

He does genuinely seem to be a c**t to work with.

The daily mail have always had it out for top gear as well to be fair.

The cenotaph stunt must have sent their newsroom wild.

I'll find the article later if possible but I'm sure the headline mentioned "enraged veterans" and "disrespectful American"

Tabloids are a disgrace. In fact the vast majority of news outlets are, but tabloids are among the worst.

Every single person who works for a tabloid deserves a severe beating. They just spend their lives making the world a worse place. They don't care about the impact of what they do, as long as they get attention and the cold hard cash. They have zero morals and basically hound people, often to death, for money. Its fucking sickening.

And yet so many in our society continue to contribute by buying those fucking rags and being obsessed with the celebrity culture. These morons just love having their strings pulled. They get to w**k over a famous person doing an utterly mundane thing whilst over there the government is ripping us off and making things worse for the majority whilst they cream it in for themselves and their corrupt buddies.

Fantastic rant DA. Found myself nodding along to all of that

I'm noticing it in particular just now with Chris Evans ahead of the Top Gear launch with the Daily M**l saying he bullies colleagues, he hates the top gear team and the show is set to fail etc. 

They just have a witch-hunt on certain people.

For those who read of Paul Dacre's management style in Private Eye it's ironic that Der Sturmer would criticise anyone of bullying...

Tabloids are a disgrace. In fact the vast majority of news outlets are, but tabloids are among the worst.

Every single person who works for a tabloid deserves a severe beating. They just spend their lives making the world a worse place. They don't care about the impact of what they do, as long as they get attention and the cold hard cash. They have zero morals and basically hound people, often to death, for money. Its fucking sickening. 

And yet so many in our society continue to contribute by buying those fucking rags and being obsessed with the celebrity culture. These morons just love having their strings pulled. They get to w**k over a famous person doing an utterly mundane thing whilst over there the government is ripping us off and making things worse for the majority whilst they cream it in for themselves and their corrupt buddies.

Very much this.

The whole phone hacking situation was a disgrace and everyone involved should have been handed a tougher punishment

• 6 years later...

Prince Harry is in court again today and much as I am firmly in the anti monarchy camp his opponent seems to be Piers Morgan. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-65548266

1. Day two of a trial at the High Court in London over alleged unlawful information gathering by journalists employed by the publisher of the Daily Mirror is getting under way
  2. Prince Harry is one of several high-profile figures bringing claims against Mirror Group Newspapers over stories published between 1991 and 2011
  3. They allege the paper was involved in phone hacking, securing information through deception and hiring private investigators for unlawful activities
  4. The Duke of Sussex is set to give evidence in court later this year
  5. On Wednesday, the Mirror publisher apologised to the Duke of Sussex for unlawful information gathering on one occasion
  6. But MGN denies allegations of voicemail interception in the cases being examined at the trial, including Harry's.

I know it's a long shot but if it ended that cùnts career I'd happily join Harry's fan club.

image.gif

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/05/2023 at 10:47, eindhovendee said:

Prince Harry is in court again today and much as I am firmly in the anti monarchy camp his opponent seems to be Piers Morgan. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-65548266

1. Day two of a trial at the High Court in London over alleged unlawful information gathering by journalists employed by the publisher of the Daily Mirror is getting under way
  2. Prince Harry is one of several high-profile figures bringing claims against Mirror Group Newspapers over stories published between 1991 and 2011
  3. They allege the paper was involved in phone hacking, securing information through deception and hiring private investigators for unlawful activities
  4. The Duke of Sussex is set to give evidence in court later this year
  5. On Wednesday, the Mirror publisher apologised to the Duke of Sussex for unlawful information gathering on one occasion
  6. But MGN denies allegations of voicemail interception in the cases being examined at the trial, including Harry's.

I know it's a long shot but if it ended that cùnts career I'd happily join Harry's fan club.

image.gif

My unqualified opinion is that Harry is going to lose the current case against Mirror.  His overall point may be correct (in that many tabloid writers are amoral) but he seems to be struggling in today's court case when the specific cases he has mentioned as being evidence of phone hacking are discussed.

The opposing lawyer is pointing out that many of the Mirror's stories appeared elsewhere a few days before, and that the logical explanation is that the Mirror writers simply rewrote the stories they'd seen elsewhere.

• 6 months later...

Hopefully Morgan gets kicked square in the baws.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-67707931

If you are just joining us, welcome, and let's give you a broader recap of what you need to know:

• Prince Harry was a victim of phone hacking, the High Court has ruled
  • The judge, Justice Fancourt, ruled there was "extensive phone hacking" from Mirror Group Newspapers (MGN) from 2006 to 2011
  • MGN has apologised for what it called "historical wrongdoing" has been ordered to pay the prince £140,600 in compensation
  • Prince Harry's barrister, David Sherborne, called on financial regulators and police to bring charges against the publisher
  • The High Court also ruled Piers Morgan knew about phone hacking - and was involved - when he was editor of the Daily Mirror