Best 'New' Stadium in English Premier League

Best 'New' All-Seater Ground in England  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What do you think is the best newly built stadium in the English Premier League in terms of design, atmosphere, facilities etc?

I have only included stadiums built from scratch, which is why Old Trafford, Anfield etc are not included as they have been modernised over time.

The Emirates is stunning, but the atmosphere is dreadful.

I was pleasantly surprised by St Mary's. Excellent atmosphere and it was more impressive to look at than you would expect.

Having been to St Mary's (exact same design as King Power), its a nice stadium but thats about it. The reports I've heard about the Emirates are great though.

Been to The Emirates for the Scotland v Brazil match a few years ago.  Loved it.  Comfy seats and was a good atmosphere

Shame it only sold pints of Fosters though.

Call me old school, but give me the real atmosphere of the likes of a somerset any day of the week over the legoland all seated boring new builds that are killing football as a spectacle for the REAL fans. They're all the same to me and exist purely for the corporate bean counters rather than anyone caring about the fans experience. Let's face it, you go to the football for a bit of excitement and let out some emotion, if you want a cushioned seat and a fancy sandwich then maybe you'd be better off going to "Pret" for a couple of hours rather than watching the fitba !!

Yes, it's a sad way football is going...........

I'm the same. I much prefer the traditional grounds.

Goodison is by far and away the best stadium in the English Premier for atmosphere and for having as close to a "proper football experience" as you'll get at that level.

Have only been to the King Power Stadium, and would say I prefer the Ricoh to the King Power (granted its not a Premier but using it as a comparison none the less!!)

Seat was right at the back in one of the corners but still a decent view, Ricoh is similar design and size, but much better facilities and much better choice of beer, with a purity bar close to where I usually sit

Atmosphere at both can be quite good as the sound stays in and seems to amplify

Let's face it, you go to the football for a bit of excitement and let out some emotion, if you want a cushioned seat and a fancy sandwich then maybe you'd be better off going to "Pret" for a couple of hours rather than watching the fitba !!

Why do these things need to be mutually exclusive?  I'd love to be able to get a decent coffee and a chicken and avocado sandwich at the football whilst also enjoying the excitement and emotion you mention.

Less fussed about cushioned seats, but wouldn't mind them for when I'm eating my sandwich and drinking my coffee at half time.

Only been to Sunderland's and Manchester City's grounds out of those listed. Voted for City's as I thought it was a superb stadium which had everything apart from the Atmosphere. The 2 times I have visited it was like a library it was so quite. But the facilities and comfort were excellent. Sunderland's had the atmosphere on the occasions I have visited and is a good stadium with good facilities but Man City have just thrown so much money at theirs it is outstanding. Would love to visit the Emirates. Though tickets seem next to impossible to get hold off.

Only been at St Mary's, for all the talk of no atmosphere in new builds the Saints crowd is quite good when the ground is full and everyone is signing.

The actual stadium is ok and does the job, not the greatest space between the seats and the concourse gets a fair bit congested at half time but I suppose that happens anywhere with a big crowd.

I'm the same. I much prefer the traditional grounds.

Goodison is by far and away the best stadium in the English Premier for atmosphere and for having as close to a "proper football experience" as you'll get at that level.

Where I sat at goodison it was like Tynecastle s old stand that's about to be demolished.

Bit tight on yer knees wi the seats in front of ye.

Good atmosphere though.

Call me old school, but give me the real atmosphere of the likes of a somerset any day of the week over the legoland all seated boring new builds that are killing football as a spectacle for the REAL fans. They're all the same to me and exist purely for the corporate bean counters rather than anyone caring about the fans experience. Let's face it, you go to the football for a bit of excitement and let out some emotion, if you want a cushioned seat and a fancy sandwich then maybe you'd be better off going to "Pret" for a couple of hours rather than watching the fitba !!

Yes, it's a sad way football is going...........

Could you fit any more clichés into the one post? 

From this list I've gone for the Etihad. Great ground and always lots going on outside the ground too. As others have said the Emirates is impressive but terrible atmosphere.

Also outside the Premier League (although maybe about to be in!) I really liked Brightons new ground.

Atmosphere at the 'Emptihad' is notoriously shite as well if you're marking the Emirates down for it.

I'd disagree with that although it's always the Liverpool game and a decent atmosphere for it.

Archived