Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

13 hours ago, Antlion said:

* On a purely plot level, wouldn't Jack's bathwater have turned freezing overnight? It seemed a bit off he said it was starting to get cold after he'd been in something like twenty hours.

Not after he'd peed in it a few times.

34 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Smoking ban had been in for about a year when the last series aired

EDIT: in any case, did you see Jack smoke as much in the newer episodes? If at all

The first few seasons are more my favourite episodes so maybe that's why I didn't notice it.

Folk going on about the Clansmans name etc, did you never notice in the early seasons, not sure if it's just some of the first season or that, there is a pool table/room where the toilets were?  Then it just changed.

The first few seasons are more my favourite episodes so maybe that's why I didn't notice it.

Folk going on about the Clansmans name etc, did you never notice in the early seasons, not sure if it's just some of the first season or that, there is a pool table/room where the toilets were?  Then it just changed.

I'm sure they filmed in a genuine pub for the first series or two but had to just use a set from then on.

I was a bit disappointed with the episode tbh, felt like some of it was forced and the whole thing with Winston's brother seemed a bit pish.

Really hope it does improve over the next few episodes, the HD will get a bit of getting used to.

I was worried before the series started that it wouldn't be up to expectations and after the first 5 mins with the newspaper/magazine scene I thought those worries might have been justified.

However from the minute Navid produced the headphones all the way to the end it was pretty good. As usual it had the mix of real life issues and comedy done really well.

7/10.

It was a middle of the road Still Game episode, some folk seem to be under the belief that the old episodes were just a constant stream of utter hilarity, which is just a load of shite. Theres some old episodes played with less laughs than this one.

I enjoyed it. Some of the chemistry isn't as good as it used to be but its been nine years, and it'll be something that comes back over the course of the series. Winston and his brother will be revisited at some point aswell.

Mixed feelings, the only bit I laughed out loud at was Isa breaking the door down followed by "Jack! Yer willy"!

A couple of nods to the olden days, Navid taking the piss out of isa in the shop, Isa being a nosy b*****d to Winston.

The Winston's brother story line was odd, something tells me though it will be recurring through the series.

Jury's still out for now

17 minutes ago, kerrdavidson95 said:

3.2 million viewers UK wide. To put into context, the Man Utd vs. Man City match had 2 million.

A match on a subscription channel isn't that comparable. It was the most watched programme in the U.K. at the time and a 58% audience share in Scotland is massive, only big football matches are likely to get anywhere near that.

Good to see it doing so well uk wide.

Edited by sparky88

i lowered my expectations going into it as the stage show wasnt that impressive to me, so last nights opening episode was pretty decent, think a lot of the jokes (like always) are funnier to us because of the patter used, as long as the keep the scottish/glasgow patter going it will be alright

it will never reach its high point simply because the storylines are all done, the good ones anyway