Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

Recognised Mark the quizmaster's voice straight away :lol:
The scene where he comes in the pub at the end had me in genuine tears. I've not laughed like that at still game before. It was the perfect balance between honouring old classic scenes/characters and new jokes. Isa pretending to be Mina was superb.
Can't wait for the next one.

4 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Recognised Mark the quizmaster's voice straight away :lol:
The scene where he comes in the pub at the end had me in genuine tears. I've not laughed like that at still game before. It was the perfect balance between honouring old classic scenes/characters and new jokes. Isa pretending to be Mina was superb.
Can't wait for the next one.

Yeah, the old characters thing is good. 

I noticed last night that Tam said him and Frances were having dinner for their 2nd wedding anniversary, so they are obviously not even acknowledging the long break in the series which is good as in years to come when folk watch it as a classic Scottish comedy, it'll not even be an issue.

Edited by djchapsticks

10 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

The only thing that's bugged me so far... Does anyone think the bar patter between boaby, Jack and victor has been pish? They've been quite forced and not as funny imo

Would agree with this. Also, what's the script with Tam and Frances wean? Unless I've missed it there's not even been a mention in the first 2 episodes. 

There's always going to be some minor blips when a show comes back after so long off air but on the whole I've thoroughly enjoyed it so far.

Edited by C. Muir

Absolutely hilarious, especially that scene in the toilet and Boabby falling in the kids playground :lol:

One thing that did bug me was, when they come in and Boabby gives it "Aw look, it's Batman and Robin" they now keep burning him and emphasizing, "2 pints p***k" they never done that before and I feel they're going over board with that from the Live Shows.  For me that's one of the best shows I've watched though!

It's already been said but for me, that scene with Jack and Victor smashing up Tam's kitchen has immediately became one of the best scenes of the whole show. I nearly died when Victor stuck the rake through the plaster and Jack spent ages trying to knock the cupboard down

1 hour ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

The only thing that's bugged me so far... Does anyone think the bar patter between boaby, Jack and victor has been pish? They've been quite forced and not as funny imo

Definitely - noticed this last week too.

Edited by paranoid android

2 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Mentioned that then seen this, the whole 2 pints p***k that they keep emphasizing it and it is like they are trying too hard.  

12 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Just noticed when Tam is scooping the bandit, behind him on the blackboard is 'Pub quiz winner Jake D'Arcy'.

Brilliant - I'm starting to think that last night's episode was a multi-layered classic that needs repeated watching - I'll definitely be watching it again.

Wee touches like that are just beautiful.

I never burst out laughing or start crying when I'm watching something on my own like some people seem to judging by posts on this forum, but when Boaby turned into the lamppost up until he fell over the swinging seat had me laughing out loud for a second.