Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

I thought it was pretty good. I would guess that Still Game series 1 was about 10 years ago and people’s tastes change in that time.

16 years. I was in 2nd year when it started. I feel old.

46 minutes ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

I actually enjoyed it, few funny moments.
Surely old Eric or Shug will be the one who dies next week? They didn’t look good in that episode

I think they're going to throw us all and have some like Peggy die

Think it could be something more left field like Meena that pops her clogs, then there will be plenty opportunities for some pathos there when Navid shows how much he actually loves her now she's gone etc etc !!!

I thought it was pretty good. I would guess that Still Game series 1 was about 10 years ago and people’s tastes change in that time.

The new series last year started ten years after the last one ended! So it had been off far longer than it ran for

Still had a few genuine funny moments in it but not hitting the same heights it did in days gone by, people too quick though to pillory it though just for the sake of it to be hyper critical.

For what its worth I think Two Doors Down is much funnier now.

13 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

For what its worth I think Two Doors Down is much funnier now.

I find that more excruciating than funny a lot of the time. I just wish Beth would get a backbone and tell the three neighbours to f**k right off.

Wasn’t as bad as some folk made out on my twitter and Facebook feeds.

Could tell what was going to happen a few times - holes in the floor and the scene were the boy went through the window/door.

Much better than last season but still weird being in HD.

On 3/13/2018 at 01:50, meanmistermustard said:

Like most here, I thought it was ok, some actual funny moments and unlike most BBC comedies didn't make me want to break the TV.  Anyone who thinks it's shit should tune in at 9pm and watch 'Not Going Out'. 

I quite enjoyed last weeks Not Going Out....:unsure:

I find that more excruciating than funny a lot of the time. I just wish Beth would get a backbone and tell the three neighbours to f**k right off.
Sorry for diversifying but that is (was as the series is finished) my favourite comedy. Downloaded the first two series to watch again, even better second time around.

3 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Add me to the Two Doors Down fan club though I agree with GordonD.

I’d love the last ever episode to have Beth dishing out the telts.

"We're trying for a wean, Michelle's got an app on her phone that pings when its the best time for her to get rode...."  :lol:

Thought the original pilot of Two Doors Down was outstanding. The first series took a while to get going and suffered accordingly but did enjoy this series just finished. A gay couple on a Scottish sitcom that are just ordinary characters and not something 'different' is also pleasant to see.