Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

So close to getting through a whole episode without Methadone Mick. Steady enough episode.

They threw it in post-credits after reading this thread a few days ago.

Folk absolutely desperate to moan about this show and I've absolutely no idea why. 

Last series was poor but got better, and last night was back to the quality of an older episode. Isa popping up in the background when Navid and Peggy are talking about party hats had me going, as did Tams rant about gammon/pulled pork.

All the posters on here discussing hipster pubs will now be read in the voice of Tam. My favourite character fwiw and loved it when he emptied the puggy last night as Bobby complained he wasn't buying enough.

It was an alright episode.  Wouldn't say it was anywhere near as good as the old stuff but was miles better than the start of last season.  Mainly because they actually had Tam throughout the episode - him leaving The Clansman in a shocked daze was the highlight of the episode.

I'd give it a solid 6/10 but it lost a mark for having Methadone Mick appear at the end.   

15 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Sorry I thought that was rubbish.

As the credits rolled though I thought to myself ‘At least we haven’t seen that Methadone Mick’ and then they shoe horned that clown in at the end. Argh!

He was actually listed in the credits which I thought was odd as we hadn't seen him. Then up he pops in the post-credit scene but at least it was the set-up for a joke. If his appearances this series are limited to one scene then I'll be happy.

5 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

It was an alright episode.  Wouldn't say it was anywhere near as good as the old stuff but was miles better than the start of last season.  Mainly because they actually had Tam throughout the episode - him leaving The Clansman in a shocked daze was the highlight of the episode.

I'd give it a solid 6/10 but it lost a mark for having Methadone Mick appear at the end.   

Tam fishing for bacardi while pished and talking about fishing without a permit was brilliant, he played the drunk superbly, wee eric talking about Winston swinging his cat about while pished was top notch, but boaby being skelped with the bottle, while you knew it was coming, was hilarious, boaby done the scene brilliantly, to the fall when he was scudded with the bottle

10 hours ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

I don't want to sound too harsh but that episode was absolutely fucking shite. So lazy.

No, please, be harsh! Don't hold back - what did you really think?

f**k me. Do folk expect them to reach their previous heights? It isn't going to happen. If I get a laugh or two from each episode I'll be more than happy. I got a couple from that episode and was belly laughing at the final scenes. Predictable or not, it was funny.

Even a poorer quality Still Game shits all over the recent pish BBC have been dishing up: Miranda, Citizen Khan, Mrs Brown's Boys etc.

FFS, be grateful we have some kind of decent comedy on the box even if it's not at the standard it once was.

On 3/8/2018 at 22:10, Big Fifer said:

Pretty shite, every bit of "patter" seems to go on one line too many and as said before the HD camera is weird. Also predicted that as soon as they started putting holes in the floor that someone would fall through it, the same slapstick punchline of the last series.

The slapstick punchline has nearly always been the case with Still Game has it not?

Anyway, was pretty decent but agree with most everyone, the HD makes all the costumes look terribly shite.

Sometimes I think we're all being a bit negative by constantly comparing it to the older ones, because if it was a new programme in its own right we'd probably say it was really good. But then, it begs the question, why bring it back if you're not aiming to please the folk who loved it so much in the first place?

f**k me. Do folk expect them to reach their previous heights? It isn't going to happen. If I get a laugh or two from each episode I'll be more than happy. I got a couple from that episode and was belly laughing at the final scenes. Predictable or not, it was funny.

Even a poorer quality Still Game shits all over the recent pish BBC have been dishing up: Miranda, Citizen Khan, Mrs Brown's Boys etc.

FFS, be grateful we have some kind of decent comedy on the box even if it's not at the standard it once was.
Pretty much this. Any dissenters should be strapped to a chair and be forced to watch all 7 episodes of that other top notch BBC Scotland "comedy" Mountain Goats.

35 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Pretty much this. Any dissenters should be strapped to a chair and be forced to watch all 7 episodes of that other top notch BBC Scotland "comedy" Mountain Goats.

Sod you man!!

I had erased all trace of that abomination from my memory banks.

You have just rebooted it. Thanks a bunch.

Sometimes I think we're all being a bit negative by constantly comparing it to the older ones, because if it was a new programme in its own right we'd probably say it was really good.

I think the opposite actually, people are pretending the new episodes are better than they really are because they're fond of the characters and the classic episodes. The majority of Series 7 and this new episode were no better than most of the pish The Comedy Unit churns out.

As mentioned previously, the storylines have become sillier, but there were still enough good lines to make it enjoyable. The methadone mick cameo was predictably dreadful, easily the worst scene in the programme.

Love hearing these still game defenders with their "even a shite episode is better than other tv shows".

You aint duty bound to watch it. Maybe try something else rather than lining Kiernan and Hemphills pockets for serving you utter mediocrity? Just because its safe and comfortable. Jesus.