Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

I've yet to see the latest episode but I'm starting to wonder if Methadone Mick has some contractual agreement to be in every episode.  It doesn't seem natural that a secondary character is just constantly in every episode and at times every other scene and as we saw in the first new episode, inserted in at the very end, almost as if he had to be.
During the last series, I posted that the introduction of Methadone Mick was like in the episode of The Simpsons when Itchy and Scratchy bring in Poochie as a new character to beef up the story lines.  Later on in that episode Homer comes up with a list to improve Poochie in the show and one of his ideas is for everyone to say, when Poochie is not on screen to constantly ask 'Where's Poochie?'  That's what where we are with Methadone Mick now! 

You could say that about every character in Still Game, Eric and Shug used to just appear every now and again, even Tam wasn't in every episode but all are ever presents so far!!!

50 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

You could say that about every character in Still Game, Eric and Shug used to just appear every now and again, even Tam wasn't in every episode but all are ever presents so far!!!

Yeah they have cut right back on secondary characters by looks of things and just have the main ones involved in them all

It's getting a little bit like 'Only An Excuse' for me. I watch it out of obligation and the odd occasion they hit a golden moment but deep down I know it's done and should be finished.

I enjoy going back to watching to earlier ones. "Hatch" is probably my favourite.

It's getting a little bit like 'Only An Excuse' for me. I watch it out of obligation and the odd occasion they hit a golden moment but deep down I know it's done and should be finished.
I enjoy going back to watching to earlier ones. "Hatch" is probably my favourite.

When was the last time Only An Excuse had a golden moment in the last 20 years???

On 17/03/2018 at 13:31, Trackdaybob said:

That tells its own story :lol: 

Reading the Still Game Facebook page makes me despair of society. Post after post is “I LUV METHDONE MICK”; “we need more Micccckkkkk!!111”; “Methandone Mick makes me laff them teeth”.

Many people are basically idiots. To keep up the Simpsons references, they’d be licking the screen in animated delight if Still Game featured a bouncy ball in every episode. “AD lyk tae bounce that”.

F917EEEA-A3A2-459C-ADC7-26FB92996A7F.gif

Felt the last series on the whole was quite shite, and after the first episode of this series I was set to stop watching. Really enjoyed that second episode though, quite a few belly laughs. This weeks episode is "Balls Up" and @Inanimate Carbon Rod mentioned above that Mick features heavily in it, so interested to see what that is like. I don't hate Mick, but I don't have any sentiment towards him. 

Felt the last series on the whole was quite shite, and after the first episode of this series I was set to stop watching. Really enjoyed that second episode though, quite a few belly laughs. This weeks episode is "Balls Up" and [mention=74006]Inanimate Carbon Rod[/mention] mentioned above that Mick features heavily in it, so interested to see what that is like. I don't hate Mick, but I don't have any sentiment towards him. 

I’ll not spoil it but lets just say hes more than just a lucky mascot in the background.