Falkirk vs Kilmarnock, Kilmarnock vs Falkirk

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we'll go with this. Higgy is a better centrally than Rory and I think he has helped his case chipping in with a couple of goals recently. In terms of Faubert v Slater I couldn't help thinking that Faubert got those 15 minutes at the end of the DU game just to keep him fresh.

I'd rather go with your team in all honesty, but I think we'll stick with Slater.

Faubs though  :wub:

After seeing the amount of tickets on offer to home and away fans. There is definitely a case for the fourth stand. It quite a shame that opposing teams can offer us 3/4/5k tickets and we can only offer 2k. Hope this progresses regardless of Sundays outcome.

Problem is you will only get close to needing a fourth stand 2 or 3 times a season max. Better to keep the stadium smaller and packed rather than huge and empty like ours has been in recent years,

Just did a bit of number-crunching and statistically Lee Clark has been poorer than Gary Locke; less points per game, lower win rate and less goals scored. The one area that he has improved the team is goals conceded. Would Killie fans say the performances have looked better under him?

Play-off games between the Premiership and Championship are hard to predict at the best of times. You've usually got a team in poor form, albeit against better sides, who should have more quality (bigger playing budget due to being in the top league). And vice versa for the Championship side. But when you add in Killie's wildly inconsistent form, it's neigh on impossible to predict.

Just did a bit of number-crunching and statistically Lee Clark has been poorer than Gary Locke; less points per game, lower win rate and less goals scored. The one area that he has improved the team is goals conceded. Would Killie fans say the performances have looked better under him?

Play-off games between the Premiership and Championship are hard to predict at the best of times. You've usually got a team in poor form, albeit against better sides, who should have more quality (bigger playing budget due to being in the top league). And vice versa for the Championship side. But when you add in Killie's wildly inconsistent form, it's neigh on impossible to predict.

Yes, the stats have been discussed on here quite a lot. Basically it boils down to the performances having been (mostly) an improvement than those under Locke and positive signs here and there (shoring up the defence (a bit), signing a couple of handy players and generally making them look a bit more capable as a team) but that the rot hasn't stopped sufficiently and by concentrating on making us a bit less leaky we've become quite goal shy, with the exception of the recent games against St Johnstone, Hamilton and that dead rubber against United.

Basically, Clarke was on a hiding to nothing since he took over. The club (on and off the park, but he can only affect the team) are in a bad way and he's swimming against the tide to try and fix us. I've seen enough to give me some confidence in him that he could potentially be a useful manager for us once he can build his own side, but his plans for doing that will obviously change if we are relegated and would leave us with a lower playing budget and less able to attract the players he'll be looking at.

We're critically inconsistent though and there is simply no way of predicting how we will perform in these two games. We could battle hard without scoring like against Celtic at Rugby Park, we could go goal mad like against Accies away or we could simply not turn up and get horsed like against, well, everyone.

Killie are a big side but I cant help feeling crossed balls/ long throws into the box may be our best chance of goals. Ballatoni can be shaky under them and McDonald whilst a great shot stopper isnt the best in that area as he showed when he was with us.

Killie are a big side but I cant help feeling crossed balls/ long throws into the box may be our best chance of goals. Ballatoni can be shaky under them and McDonald whilst a great shot stopper isnt the best in that area as he showed when he was with us.

Best way to beat us is to play the game of association football. It's something we really struggle with.

Long balls over the top also confuse Balatoni. He loves to let it bounce in front of him and then try, and fail, to catch faster players. Thankfully Addison will be in there beside him with his lightening pace.

Gary Dicker will be very important in front of our defence I suspect.

In terms of the threat we offer, I can see big Josh causing major problems with his pace and power, especially if he plays wide. Wee Greg Kiltie too is almost custom made to play in a game like this.

We definitely have enough about us to win this comfortably if Dr Jeckle turns up. However, if Mr Hyde is in attendance then it's bye bye premiership.

Long balls over the top also confuse Balatoni. He loves to let it bounce in front of him and then try, and fail, to catch faster players. Thankfully Addison will be in there beside him with his lightening pace.

Gary Dicker will be very important in front of our defence I suspect.

In terms of the threat we offer, I can see big Josh causing major problems with his pace and power, especially if he plays wide. Wee Greg Kiltie too is almost custom made to play in a game like this.

We definitely have enough about us to win this comfortably if Dr Jeckle turns up. However, if Mr Hyde is in attendance then it's bye bye premiership.

We should just decide the outcome on a footrace between our two centre halves and their two. Funny as f**k as they all get out of breath tying their laces and Nutz the squirrel and the Falkirk fox outpace them while wearing scuba flippers and potato sacks.

Guest Back Post Misses

Hope Higgy plays. 

His other half, if he is still with her, I believe is a Bairn from Grangemouth. So if he wants his hole he won't be trying a f**k. 

First leg key for me. If we get a lead we are incredibly difficult to peg back. We will score at Rugby Park IMO. So if we are in front it will mean Kilmarnock needing 3 to get level. 

As I have little clue about Kilmarnock's strengths it is impossible to predict. 

I will predict one thing though. McDonald will get dogs abuse as will fatso Boyd. 

We have to play McHugh and Baird to start with as their movement will make it difficult for Kilmarnock. Miller on for the last 20-25 minutes. 

Any news of refs yet?

We have most definitely improved under Clark, however there's only so much you can realistically expect given the shambles left over by Gary Locke. 

If we're to go through then we'll need Jamie MacDonald to have another blinder and for our defence to have one of their competent days. One of the key men for me will be Gary Dicker. Holding midfielder that on his day can break up play and let the better footballers have free reign to play their natural game. If he plays well (such as 3-0 v St Johnstone and 4-0 v Accies) then we'll edge it IMO, although it's near-on impossible to predict a Killie result these days.

I'd imagine that the starting eleven will be:

MacDonald

O'Hara Addison Balatoni Hodson

Dicker Slater

Magennis McKenzie Kiltie

Boyd

Yup, the full away end is now sold out for Thursday - there'll be 2000 odd Killie fans there.

McDonald owes us one chucked in the net after the cup final so I hope he has a mare in at least one of these ties, preferably in Falkirk.

Just in case you aren't clear from the other games, McCracken is our big weak spot and he will need to play better for us to go through, other than him I am pretty confident that we can do this if we work hard and get on top of Killie early since I think your players might get nervous knowing what's at stake.

Yup.

John Beaton for the first leg and Sir William Collum for the second.

Jesus, Collum is inept. I have a feeling his incompetence could be the decider of this tie so I can only hope he makes an arse of it in Falkirks favour this time.

Archived