CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Personally at first I thought we should tell Hummell to do one,Wear existing home top and delay new top till next season if Hummell don't back down..........Though might actually look okay with chevrons and Hummell really good quality ,Never bought a Clyde top in 10yr but last black one very nice fit....

Hard yin

Edited by shawfield shed boy

Personally I thought we should tell Hummell to do one,Wear existing home top and delay new top till next season...

Alternative - Might actually look out with chevrons and Hummell kit nice on,Never bought a Clyde top in 10yr but last black one very nice fit....

Hard yin

We have a new shirt sponsor who needs a strip unless we go back to last year's in which case very few will buy as they already have one

Surely when we submitted the design it would have been flagged up ?

If we do go back to old strip what happens to generations money that the fans paid out on ?

Watching the highlights, we did play some decent stuff. Encouraging with a new team, against a side who only had anyone other than Sheerin in our half at set pieces.

Referee will be getting his knuckles rapped for not showing a red card for that tackle. Looked a red at the time, looks a red on the replay. There's not any excuse for him giving a yellow; it's just a really poor decision.

16 minutes ago, David W said:

Watching the highlights, we did play some decent stuff. Encouraging with a new team, against a side who only had anyone other than Sheerin in our half at set pieces.

We did indeed. The highlights also omitted the lovely exchange between Johnston and Peaso which saw the former have a sight of goal, but unfortunately he dilly-dallied a bit and lost the ball. Would've been an early goal of the season contender had he put it away. 

After being at the Morton game on Tuesday, which was a bit of a non-event from a Clyde point of view for various reasons, I was looking forward to seeing how we'd measure up against Berwick and wasn't disappointed. Of the new recruits, I was particularly impressed by McNiff, Lowdon and the two mentioned above. McNiff looks like a good athlete and pretty strong in one-on-one battles and duels, while Lowdon will be a great attacking outlet for us. Extremely quick and very eager to press the ball - skilful, too. You can see that Johnston isn't a defender when he's left one-on-one but he's also got lightning pace and the ability to beat a man - I'd prefer to see him as a winger with McNeil dropping back. Peaso looks like the sort of striker we've not had in years - will put away a good 6 or 7 out of 10 clear cut chances. Lots of nice wee flicks and good awareness too, but needs a runner next to him. Gormley did that job well yesterday. On the others:- Oliver was a little bit shaky at times but looks like he'll fulfil the role ball-playing centre back quite well, while McNeil was a bit out of sorts in an unfamiliar position. We know what Easton's capable of but Berwick largely did a good job of forcing him deep or wide. 

It was refreshing after a few seasons of, erm, 'functional' football that we were looking to move the ball sharply, play quick one-twos and set up triangles in the wide areas. Hopefully we can continue in this manner, although it'll be tougher to do at places like Berwick and Arbroath. Only concerns at the moment are the form of Linton, the fact we don't have a great deal of physicality and the fact the squad's a bit bare in terms of numbers. If we can keep Peaso and Easton fit, bring in a utility player or two and get Fergie and JP back and firing ASAP then I think we could be in for a right good season, with an exciting team and some good football along the way. 

Tuesday sounds like a pre-season friendly now and that challenge cup game v the scum u20's will hopefully be treated as a friendly and our own young lads play in it, keeping our squad good for the season opener a few days later

My mate plays for the u20's and says they've been told the majority of them will be in the first team for that game with a few senior players who are a bit behind with fitness.

Guest The Phoenix
16 hours ago, Harry Haddock said:

Did we not play St Johnstone on 9/11?

16 hours ago, maxruby said:

No

1 minute ago, maxruby said:

:lol:  It's all in the grammar! 

Yes, you did not play St Johnstone on 9/11. :thumsup2

PS I took your game in on Saturday - not a great advert for football with Berwick bringing Hadrian's Wall with them! 

My mate plays for the u20's and says they've been told the majority of them will be in the first team for that game with a few senior players who are a bit behind with fitness.

Excellent news

Thinking of heading to game tomorrow night been a while since at cliftonhill anyone know where it's best to park??

Usually park on road bit down from the ground don't park in supermarket or shops

Usually park on road bit down from the ground don't park in supermarket or shops

Park in the supermarket or the shops and don't worry about it. Ignore the notices about parking fines. Only the council or police can enforce them in Scotland. Private contractors can't.

Parked in some shop car park right over the road from the ground both times we were there last season. Got the anticipated letters threatening all sorts and threw the lot in the bin. They've stopped sending them now.

Park in the supermarket or the shops and don't worry about it. Ignore the notices about parking fines. Only the council or police can enforce them in Scotland. Private contractors can't.

Parked in some shop car park right over the road from the ground both times we were there last season. Got the anticipated letters threatening all sorts and threw the lot in the bin. They've stopped sending them now.

Did you advise this guy?
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/pay-dismay-warning-over-private-7527025#Xw59XKXcsav3WBjh.97