CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

There's more than just the budget issue. Barry stated he wasn't pleased when Martin left for Accies by his attitude. Even if Barry had the funds available I don't think he would go for him.

Don't get me wrong i'd love him back but it's not very likely at all sadly.

There's more than just the budget issue. Barry stated he wasn't pleased when Martin left for Accies by his attitude. Even if Barry had the funds available I don't think he would go for him.

Don't get me wrong i'd love him back but it's not very likely at all sadly.

Well suppose if any one was an expert on bad attitudes it would be BF :)

I think Barry's pragmatic enough to set the nature of Martin's departure aside, unless there was a genuinely bitter fallout (which I can't imagine given it was fairly obvious he'd leave for full-time football). He'd surely see that pound-for-pound we are probably weakest between the sticks, and that Martin signing would represent us having almost certainly the best keeper in the league. 

I still don't think there's any chance of it happening, but it's not entirely outwith the realms of possibility. I'm not at all sure of Dumbarton's goalkeeping situation, but he's been released at a time at which most FT/upper-tier PT clubs will have a keeper who's been assured of a starting berth. I'd imagine his next move will be for first team football, and although he could very well have a move lined up at a club above our station, if we were to push the boat out he'd be an absolutely marvellous addition - up there with Easton.

13 hours ago, Only one David Marsh said:

Manky scum are not allowed! 

PS 

It's £10 and £5 I don't know if a programme will be made for the game though. 

Harsh Marsh. 

Do Motherwell need to pay for rent? Or not get money for pies etc? Not really comparable. The crowd will be as small as Broadwood has seen for a game, charging a fiver wouldn't change that. Money being split as well remember. 

Not sure where it's been said we're playing u20s?

Younger players and under 20 players told you :)

In saying that, I heard Gary Naysmith say the other week that he felt 10/11 days was too big a gap between fixtures and that his team would lose a bit of momentum, hence him organising the friendly with Cowden last Saturday. The only fear really is injuries which they could pick up any time; the likes of Linton, Gormley, McNeil, Lowden, McLaughlin could all play twice a week no bother.

Besides, I don't see why Gibson, Oliver, Flynn, Higgins, Watson wouldn't be playing, or why Smith/Marsh wouldn't if they were fit. That 7, with maybe a couple of the younger ones and a Gormley on the bench should be enough to get through. From what McNeil said, it's not like they're having a separate training session so I don't see why a few of them won't be involved.

Majority under 20's and younger players :)

Discuss

2 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Majority under 20's and younger players :)

Discuss

I've already discussed it in the post you've quoted.

Not really sure the difference between U20s and younger players so you can discuss that if you wish.

This abormantion of a cup should now be called the reserve cup or BP youth cup

Waste o time, Going to cost our club money , Well done the SFA the same people who charged £30/40 for a tie v Gibraltar - Utter wankers indeed

Wonder if we could have switched to a junior ground ? Would most certainly cheaper than broadwood

But probably against the rules

Will the prize money cover the losses ?