Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, shootingboots said:

I like to stick my oar in so thank you. 

Wasn't talking about the players or their situations/position/goals/assists....just that Dundee fans thought they'd get £2m for the pair, and I've seen £1m quoted here. Dreamland. Clubs in England know they can offer peanuts and clubs will sell cos they have to. 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, shootingboots said:

I like to stick my oar in so thank you. 

Wasn't talking about the players or their situations/position/goals/assists....just that Dundee fans thought they'd get £2m for the pair, and I've seen £1m quoted here. Dreamland. Clubs in England know they can offer peanuts and clubs will sell cos they have to. 

£1 million is just  what the club opened negotiations with. Nobody actually thought he was worth that.

You need an English Premiership club to be interested before you can dream of silly money.

For example, from the BBC transfer day page. Everton are close to signing 19-year-old Dominic Calvert-Lewin for their U21 team and will pay around £1.5m for him after an earlier bid of £1m was rejected by League One side Sheffield Utd. He was farmed out to Northampton in League Two last season where he did well, but finished the season on the subs bench back at Sheff Utd and has played one game in the cup for them this season. 

Looks like Marv's away to Oxford after all then, wonder how much we held out for?

There's only been one verified source for that. It's a guy from the Birmingham Mail. I'd have thought there would have been confirmations from STV, BBC and usual Scottish press folk if there had actually been an offer accepted.

Edit: there's yer boy from HITC who posted his agent's statement tweeting about it so I guess it's done.

2 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Same guy's just said we're meant to be signing some boy Luka Belic on loan from West Ham.

Hes absolutely shit hot on FM, if thats any consolation. A centre forward though.

@Marvinjohnson28 set to sign for @OUFCOfficial after @motherwell accepted a hugely improved offer.

Scott burns who is usually accurate

ETA: I like the sound of "hugely"

Edited by Swello

@Marvinjohnson28 set to sign for @OUFCOfficial after @motherwell accepted a hugely improved offer.

Scott burns who is usually accurate

ETA: I like the sound of "hugely"

He's also said he expects us to bring a couple in. There's the link with the guy from West Ham but no idea who the other could be.