Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Peculiar comment from Robinson in the Motherwell Times tbh.

Motherwell midfielder Andy Rose will be sidelined for three weeks after cracking a kneecap in training, the Motherwell Times can reveal.

The absence of Rose - as well as Craig Tanner who will be out for up to six months with a knee injury - further weakens the squad and ’Well gaffer Stephen Robinson hasn’t ruled out signing a free transfer before the season is out.

“It is the forward area I’m looking at,” the Northern Irishman told the Motherwell Times. “There is not a lot out there but we are always looking.

“We have Ryan Bowman and Curtis Main, but maybe Deimantas Petravicius and some of the younger boys will get a chance.”

https://www.motherwelltimes.co.uk/sport/football/motherwell-fc/stephen-robinson-reveals-that-motherwell-midfielder-andy-rose-faces-three-weeks-out-injured-1-4709426

I'm guessing it's just a case of him being non-committal and the comment has just been made in passing but 8 games to go plus the cup semi-final and almost 2 months since the window closed it seems unlikely that we'd be able to bring anyone in who'd offer that much.

The deadline for free agents is the end of this month right?

While we may not actually bring anyone in it does suggest he still feels we're light up top. He's not wrong when he says there's not a lot out there though: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=alle&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

Edited by capt_oats

5 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Sadly, Nasri loves gear so is on a six month ban. 

Anichebe, Main and Bowman up front but, what a life!

Disappointing. 

Anichebe, Main & Bowman would be lethal. Like, literally lethal. We'll be stepping over bodies on the way off the park.

On a training related tip, are they usually in on the first week of international breaks or are they getting more of an opportunity to break each other because they bloody love it.

Also...there he is lads. What an image.

DY0Cq4iX4AAE5EM.jpg

Edited by capt_oats

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

On a training related tip, are they usually in on the first week of international breaks or are they getting more of an opportunity to break each other because they bloody love it.

Also...there he is lads. What an image.

DY0Cq4iX4AAE5EM.jpg

The first rule of training with Motherwell Football Club...

Now I may have been imagining things as it disappeared as quick as it appeared but I've just had a youtube notification with cedric draped in the ivory coast flag and it says he's been called up to their squad.

Disclaimer - I may have dreamt this.

7 minutes ago, weemac said:

Now I may have been imagining things as it disappeared as quick as it appeared but I've just had a youtube notification with cedric draped in the ivory coast flag and it says he's been called up to their squad.

Disclaimer - I may have dreamt this.

You've not dreamt it, I got the notification as well. It's still sort of there but the video's unavailable. I'm guessing it's been embargoed.

5ab2a8cb92bd3_ScreenShot2018-03-21at18_46_57.thumb.png.6eb7f000ef99984b3d71119fcb521f10.png

Edited by capt_oats

You've not dreamt it, I got the notification as well. It's still sort of there but the video's been deleted. I'm guessing it's been embargoed.
5ab2a8cb92bd3_ScreenShot2018-03-21at18_46_57.thumb.png.6eb7f000ef99984b3d71119fcb521f10.png
Thanks, I genuinely thought I was having a chilli induced episode there.