Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, WellView said:

Excellent. 

Did you look up what brevity means in the dictionary yet? In as much as I appreciate all your effort ya'll need to stop droning on so long. You guys saying you have dedicated "a fair chunk of time," to anything gives me the fear. 

Consider limiting the podcasts to fifteen minutes, thirty minutes being lengthy, forty-five absolute maximum.  No need to drone on. 

Harsh if I may say so.

A very good listen in my opinion as it always is. The discussion about the Offensive Behaviour act was excellent, very in depth, enlightening and pretty much bang on the money. I think most football fans would agree with the views on the podcast, the Act is an absolute nonsense.

So, Aberdeen it is in the Semi Final. 

Interesting to note that, following bookings tonight, Shay Logan, Graeme Shinnie and Kenny McLean join Carl McHugh in missing the game through suspension. 

3 minutes ago, Desp said:

So, Aberdeen it is in the Semi Final. 

Interesting to note that, following bookings tonight, Shay Logan, Graeme Shinnie and Kenny McLean join Carl McHugh in missing the game through suspension. 

They'll still beat us on the day though. That tonight is a bad result for us and in my opinion our chances of reaching the final have all but evaporated.

3 minutes ago, MJC said:

They'll still beat us on the day though. That tonight is a bad result for us and in my opinion our chances of reaching the final have all but evaporated.

Ahead of the game, I thought we'd have a better chance against Aberdeen. 

That we'll face them without three of their best players is an extra bonus. 

We'll go in as underdogs, no doubt, but we have absolutely nothing to fear. 

1 minute ago, ropy said:

Why bother

It's my opinion, simple as that. 

Aberdeen are the better of the two potential Semi Final opponents and I don't see us beating them at Hampden. I think their superior pace on the big pitch will count against us.

Plus they usually do beat us in Cup games, this season's League Cup QF being the exception.

7 minutes ago, MJC said:

Aberdeen are the better of the two potential Semi Final opponents and I don't see us beating them at Hampden. I think their superior pace on the big pitch will count against us.

Plus they usually do beat us in Cup games, this season's League Cup QF being the exception.

Thank f*** you're not an Accies fan your pessimistic attitude would do my head in.

6 minutes ago, MJC said:

The constant stream of negative pish is draining though and so so predictable 

I would rather play Aberdeen. If we lose it won’t perhaps have the same feeling as missing out against Killie regardless their current form. So we have nothing to lose and our chances are a lot better than if we had drawn Celtic or Rangers. 

In the League Cup semi's we were the least fancied of the 4 sides - and regardless  of what happened tonight, it was always going to be the case in the Scottish too. I had no preference about who we played but Aberdeen with some players out means we have a wee chance of a 2nd final in a season - can't ask for more than that....

If you look at the semi line-ups for both cups - Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and Hibs are the best 4 sides in the country - so there was no prospect of the type of easy draw that some teams have had in the past.... 

I'm not too bothered either way as we're more than capable of being either Aberdeen or Killie. As it's turned out, facing Aberdeen without three of their key players will do quite nicely.

We've had their measure so far this season, so you've got to assume the team will be up for it and confident of a result.

Looking forward to a cracking day out and a real shot at the final.