Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

17 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

He obviously has no idea how professional is recognised, when in receipt of money for playing football at any level you are considered professional, if you think for 1 minute Cedric never recieved any salary from Leicester City you are a gullible twit.

I genuinely believe Kipre volunteered for Leicester free of charge 

8 hours ago, happyaccie said:

He obviously has no idea how professional is recognised, when in receipt of money for playing football at any level you are considered professional, if you think for 1 minute Cedric never recieved any salary from Leicester City you are a gullible twit.

Being and playing are two different things you absolute weapon.  

1 minute ago, Antiochas III said:

Being and playing are two different things you absolute weapon.  

Being a professional and playing 2nd tier football is the same as being a professional first team football ya f****** clown, it doesn't matter if you play for Cowdenbeath bottom of league 2 or Celtic top of our Premiership, once you are in receipt of payment your deemed a professional, I know you lot from North Lanarkshire are of substandard intellect but that's no excuse for having no grasp of common sense.

57 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Being a professional and playing 2nd tier football is the same as being a professional first team football ya f****** clown, it doesn't matter if you play for Cowdenbeath bottom of league 2 or Celtic top of our Premiership, once you are in receipt of payment your deemed a professional, I know you lot from North Lanarkshire are of substandard intellect but that's no excuse for having no grasp of common sense.

OOFT :lol:  :lol:    You really haven't grasped this very well, have you?

HelmetAccie strikes again. 

You better head up for the rolls and papers ya auld c**t.  Have a wee rest. 

Kipre never played or was involved in any senior level match at any time until he played for motherwell. The fact he is paid as a professional football is irrelevant, he never played at senior level professional match. Now put your keyboard away and take your dick our your hand hard man, and concentrate on the slow death of your own team. I never bother with the accies site or have any interest in what their joke of a club do so could anyone tell me if there is any sad well fans obsessed with them the way this wee p***k is with motherwell?

6 minutes ago, well91 said:

Kipre never played or was involved in any senior level match at any time until he played for motherwell. The fact he is paid as a professional football is irrelevant, he never played at senior level professional match. Now put your keyboard away and take your dick our your hand hard man, and concentrate on the slow death of your own team. I never bother with the accies site or have any interest in what their joke of a club do so could anyone tell me if there is any sad well fans obsessed with them the way this wee p***k is with motherwell?

200w.gif

9 minutes ago, well91 said:

To be fair he is all over most threads not just Motherwell. The one common theme however is he generally picks arguments and starts the swearing and name calling in all of them. 

8am on a Sunday morning and he is already calling someone a effing clown.  As has been pointed out clearly outside of Pie and Bovril he has no life, which is as others have pointed out quite sad. Best not to engage or put on ignore..

Back to Motherwell - delighted for Trevor. Only because of him I watched the match. Not sure he could do much for their goal. But made one or two good saves and looked quite assured as usual for balls into the box. Hope he kicks on from here. 

5 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Back to Motherwell - delighted for Trevor. Only because of him I watched the match. Not sure he could do much for their goal. But made one or two good saves and looked quite assured as usual for balls into the box. Hope he kicks on from here. 

Didn't see the match, but delighted for him.  If he keeps it up, no reason why he can't claim the No.1 jersey.  It was Michael McGovern who had the shirt at the Euros and throughout WC qualifying, and I believe he's now stuck in Norwich Reserves.  So every chance for Trev to keep the gloves.

Plus, Roy Carroll must be about 54 by now.

54 minutes ago, well91 said:

You have just nailed it he had never played SENIOR professional football prior to playing for Motherwell, professional football is not restricted to senior level, but some of your fellow fans have the incapacity to comprehend that FACT, Furthermore I do not in any instance frequent any Motherwell fan site, this is a fan forum for Scottish football fans and none of the threads are exclusively for the perusal of individual clubs fans.

2 hours ago, happyaccie said:

*You're.  I'm not one for the grammar police, but if you really want to come on the forum and accuse others of being stupid, get you own house in order.

1 hour ago, Desp said:

Didn't see the match, but delighted for him.  If he keeps it up, no reason why he can't claim the No.1 jersey.  It was Michael McGovern who had the shirt at the Euros and throughout WC qualifying, and I believe he's now stuck in Norwich Reserves.  So every chance for Trev to keep the gloves.

Plus, Roy Carroll must be about 54 by now.

Aye, their 3rd keeper yesterday was Conor Hazard who's 20 and on loan at Falkirk from Celtic so it'd seem to be the case that it's between McGovern and Carson for the #1 shirt at the moment. It was interesting to read Carson saying that it was O'Neil who influenced the move in the summer with him pretty much telling Carson that if he wanted to get international games he'd need to be playing at a higher level than the Vanarama League.

I noticed a few folk on Twitter getting bent out of shape by Carson's interview with the BBC where he was answering questions about the January approach from Celtic and talking about the "life-changing money" etc. I thought he spoke about it really well, as he did in Scott Mullen's long read in the Evening Times earlier in the week so I was quite surprised to see some Motherwell fans taking a petted lip about it. Normally it's hardly a shock to see people taking the huff on Twitter dot com but I honestly didn't see that anything he says is in the least bit contentious.

I'm covering old ground from my posts the other day but in an optics sense it's nice to see that he's been able to get the call up after moving to Motherwell. He explicitly said that it was getting back into the international frame was the main reason he signed so in that respect it's good that any promises made have been delivered:

"It's probably the main reason I went up to Scotland, to get back in Michael's mind," he said.

"He said to me when I was playing in League Two that I needed to be playing at a higher standard.

"I haven't been playing any better than I have the last four, five years but the fact I've been doing it at a higher standard in the Scottish Premiership has boosted my profile."

Edit: I see Tommy Wright's apparently been using Carson as an example when talking about players getting a better profile playing up here.

Edited by capt_oats

58 minutes ago, Addie said:

*You're.  I'm not one for the grammar police, but if you really want to come on the forum and accuse others of being stupid, get you own house in order.

Sorry to burst YOU'RE balloon but grammar is not a definition of intellect. 

7 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Deary deary me.

You should really use a comma after the first 'dearly'.

I'd have expected you to know that being an intellectual.