Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

10 minutes ago, Gallus Numpty said:

To be brutally honest, I don't know why... any player who's done any hint of research would know there's a pretty high chance they'll get one or two European games at most against mediocre opposition before we're papped oot.

Didn't work out too badly for Paul Lambert though - not that Dortmund were mediocre of course, so luck of the draw etc....

This is slightly off topic but I read earlier that the EFL have proposed salary caps and squad size limits for Leagues One and Two that they hope to be in place for next season. The proposal is for L1 clubs to have total wages capped at £2.5m and L2 at £1.25m.

I’ve no idea if this has any realistic chance of actually being implemented but if so it could open up more options for us to recruit players from these leagues. Something to keep an eye on perhaps.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

If Lang were to come in I would assume Long and Cole are off the table for us?

I mean, you'd think so. Especially if we're chucking a decent fee at making Lang happen.

Going by Long's IG he's still on Merseyside (and there's no lockdown haircut @Swello) but either way it'd be difficult to see how we could justify it unless either Hylton or Seedorf were on the way out.

If Lang signs that'd be Lang / Watt / Hastie as 1st pick front 3 plus White, Hylton, Seedorf, MacIver and Robinson.

That's 8 players for 3 positions - I know MacIver and Robinson are part of the Reserves group but still...

Edited by capt_oats

Our source for everything at the minute (Alan Nixon) is also now casting doubt on Turnbull to Stoke

8D00ADC6-CD53-49C0-8F3E-D1D036238C7E.jpeg

...and provides yet another update on Lang

1CC25876-5B61-4FC3-B607-1DE758639031.jpeg

Edited by CSmith

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Lad in the photo looks a lot leaner than Manzinga. 

How was he? I don't remember him playing for Motherwell a lot. Wasn't he injury prone? 

Injury prone and prone to be utter pish...he does look like he has lost some timber though to be fair.

54 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Injury prone and prone to be utter pish...he does look like he has lost some timber though to be fair.

No offence but I'm calling bullshit then.

For no reason other than I don't want it to be a perma-crocked haddie but rather the half decent guy I hoped it was. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Hard to tell but reckon it could be Elliot Frear?

Really? Frear? That guy is way too big to be Frear. My best guess was Fraser Kerr. Absolutely cracking right winger who would be a smashing signing for St. Mirren

7 hours ago, CSmith said:

Our source for everything at the minute (Alan Nixon) is also now casting doubt on Turnbull to Stoke

8D00ADC6-CD53-49C0-8F3E-D1D036238C7E.jpeg

...and provides yet another update on Lang

1CC25876-5B61-4FC3-B607-1DE758639031.jpeg

Is he is the know or is he no in the know ? 
previous tweet was that deal was all but agreed + another site saying fee agreed and medical later  this week. 
Maybe interest from other wealthier clubs but seems to be a twist. 
All very exciting 

I also assume we gave Long a deadline to agree a new deal which has passed. As he is not our player I guess we do not need to make statement or we are waiting until we sign Lang or A N other striker before revealing that Long is offski. In many ways I would have liked Long to stay.  Definitely a talented footballer. Still at least any new striker will hopefully look semi pleased to be playing for Motherwell and scoring goals. Funny bugger he was.....

Edited by welldaft

23 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Is he is the know or is he no in the know ? 
previous tweet was that deal was all but agreed + another site saying fee agreed and medical later  this week. 
Maybe interest from other wealthier clubs but seems to be a twist. 
All very exciting 

Realistically? I imagine he is. If memory serves me right, I think he was the first source we had that said Turnbull had agreed to go to Celtic and was first to claim Norwich had come in for him as well. He was also definitely the one who broke the Kipré to Wigan story and may have been the one to tell us of Moult to Preston. Based on that recent track record and the fact Motherwell are rarely covered I’d assume he’s got at least some idea of what’s going on. Obviously could be mistaken