Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Former Celtic target David Turnbull linked with life changing, canny turn it down because *insert random ex-Celtic player with less than 60 appearances three decades ago* says so, move to Celtic less than two weeks before Motherwell play Celtic at Celtic Park?  

I, for one, am stunned. 

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I see the papers are reporting we are back in for Turnbull.

The guys is absolute class and is starting to show that he is over his injury and slowly getting back to pre injury form.

It was always likely to happen but understandable Celtic or anyone else would wait until he was back playing regularly. 

Problem is the more promising displays from him next few weeks may just ignite interest from other suitors. So do Celtic come in for him now or wait a few weeks. 

Either way I am quite upset - as the prospect of watching Turnbull play for Motherwell at least until Xmas gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.  He is signed for 2 years so if I was Motherwell I would wait until window is closing. Might get a better offer and more importantly he can help us get back to winning ways. 

42 minutes ago, welldaft said:

The guys is absolute class and is starting to show that he is over his injury and slowly getting back to pre injury form.

It was always likely to happen but understandable Celtic or anyone else would wait until he was back playing regularly. 

Problem is the more promising displays from him next few weeks may just ignite interest from other suitors. So do Celtic come in for him now or wait a few weeks. 

Either way I am quite upset - as the prospect of watching Turnbull play for Motherwell at least until Xmas gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.  He is signed for 2 years so if I was Motherwell I would wait until window is closing. Might get a better offer and more importantly he can help us get back to winning ways. 

If Celtic sell Ntcham I think it will be on the cards,watched both Ross county and Hibs games,Ross county game playing on the left didn't suit him but also think he looks like he needs 3 or 4 games to get up to speed like most of the players at motherwell, definitely better in the Hibs game.

3 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

It seems Devine could be heading back to QOS on loan... 

The Reserve League was an absolute shitshow last season even before the 'rona hit so it'll be interesting to see if there's much difference in development strategy if they're binning it this year.

The SPFL published amendments to the loan rules last month:

A maximum of six players can now be signed on loan by any one side in the coming season - up from four previously.

And clubs will also be allowed to loan two players from any team in the same division - instead of just one -and four from sides in different levels of the Scottish league - up from two.

In addition, the rule which allows League One and Two clubs to sign players on loan in September and February has been extended to Championship sides and the September window has been amended to October.

Link

There are probably half a dozen around the first team alone that would be a reasonable shout for being loaned out.

Edited by capt_oats

On 18/08/2020 at 17:30, welldaft said:

Would he not be better off moving outside Scotland or is he a Celtic fan ?

8 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Just think of the damage the bold Flow could do with Kipre and Scott sell on money.

Just think of the amount of low scoring, rapid, “can play across the front three,” forwards Robinson can sign when we cash in on Turnbull, and rake in loads from these sell ons.