Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Here's a wee doubler for you then Busta for when you get out.

Amazing. Even when he's all the way over in Australia, he's still a moaning faced wee p***k! 

Best Motherwell signing of the 21st century, IMO. 

Amazing. Even when he's all the way over in Australia, he's still a moaning faced wee p***k! 

He’s right up there for me.

There’s absolutely no doubt in my mind that we would have spent some time in the Championship if it wasn’t for McDonald.

5 minutes ago, dezz said:

He’s right up there for me.

There’s absolutely no doubt in my mind that we would have spent some time in the Championship if it wasn’t for McDonald.

Had he not come back, I imagine there's a pretty good chance we'd still be there.

Rangers, Hibs, St. Mirren, County and United the teams to have come back up as champions since then, Livi up through the play-offs. The St. Mirren season probably the easiest out of those to return, and they won it at an absolute canter.

32 minutes ago, Desp said:

It is really hard to argue against that. 

If you think about how he dragged us to safety in 2006/07, 2014/15 and 2016/17 when he had utter dross around him, for me, that's far more valuable a contribution than anyone who has contributed to a 2nd/3rd season.

It's amazing how many of our fans let their perception of his personality affect the regard they hold him in.

1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

What a little bitch tho, moaning about them tweeting his most famous goal emoji23.png

He was always a little c**t. His first spell when he pissed and moaned about not being allowed to moved to Dundee Utd and Rangers he continued to perform. 

He also doesn't like Celtic to see him as the bad guy hence his moaning. 

Given that Mcdonald was basically an overweight trialist when we brought him in and that he didn't play in "great" motherwell teams - the fact that we got two genuinely pivotal spells from him and 750k makes it really hard to argue against Desp's point.

I also genuinely wonder if any other club at our level has unearthed as many random non-league or forgotten players and got the mileage out of them that we have...

32 minutes ago, Swello said:

Given that Mcdonald was basically an overweight trialist when we brought him in and that he didn't play in "great" motherwell teams - the fact that we got two genuinely pivotal spells from him and 750k makes it really hard to argue against Desp's point.

I also genuinely wonder if any other club at our level has unearthed as many random non-league or forgotten players and got the mileage out of them that we have...

In terms of sheer numbers, definitely Inverness, in terms of service out of one, Doolan at Thistle, but struggling to think of many like McDonald.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

He was always a little c**t. His first spell when he pissed and moaned about not being allowed to moved to Dundee Utd and Rangers he continued to perform. 

He also doesn't like Celtic to see him as the bad guy hence his moaning. 

Was it not Hibs, Hearts and Rangers that we didn't let him sign for?  Sure Dundee Utd rejected him (under McCall) before we picked him up.

Which is one of the main reasons we've been Premiership fixtures and clubs of a similar size (and bigger) have spent several seasons in lower leagues. When resources are similar it really does boil down to making the most out of them.

10 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Here's Ronan Keating complimenting our old mate Mark Gillespie.

Nothing more to add to that, really.

8 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I canny see twitter in work, I am guessing he sang a Ronan/Boyzone song as his "initiation" and it got noticed.

Canny wait to see if I am right in a few hours.

Honestly man, fitba players are so predictable. That's bordering on rugby stuff level cringe.

Time to part ways with Robbo. He clearly can't make the right substitutions at the right time. Taking Campbell off was a massive mistake given the defensive work he consistently puts in. Losing to Accies is the final straw. We are going to get absolutely pumped by Glentoran next Thursday, but I don't even care about that. Relegation scrap confirmed for the 20/21 season.